Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First real drive in the 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gradskater
I finally got a chance to take the 914 I just bought up in the hills of Berkeley today. It was sooooo much fun. I dont even really know hot to drive the car well (I need manual driving lessons), but even so, it was great taking the turns up on skyline and tunnel road. All the driving I had done so far was stop and go traffic, which was not much fun at all. Did you all know that the 914 doesn't shift that well? biggrin.gif It was great to finally drive the car with the top off in the twisties.

Now I know why people like these cars so much.

Also, the car attracts a lot more attention than I thought it would. What a great car!!
mueba.gif
a.munoz3
laugh.gif I thought the same when i first drove my 914 lol2.gif
Steve Thacker
Yup we have all been where you are now. It feels real gud......
Welcome to the fold. smilie_pokal.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Gradskater @ May 15 2005, 03:54 AM)
Did you all know that the 914 doesn't shift that well?

bs.gif

914's in need of attention don't shift well. actually, there's a lot of things old cars with a long history of deferrd maintenance don't do well...

replace all your shift bushings and any worn parts in the linkage. that probably includes engine and transmission mounts.

if necessary, add a RennShift.

a 914 is never going to shift quite like a car where the stick stirs the gears directly, but with everything up to snuff, they shift fine. what they don't do, in some cases, is shift fast. different issue, and not as easy to change.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.