Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bay Area Parts Places Open Sunday?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Charles Danek
Hey All -

I am trying to get to Alaska from LA in my '65 912. It is day 1 of my drive, I am just north of San Fran, running an Alternator conversion kit and I think mine died. This is a part that any high performance VW place should carry, but it is Sunday. Anyone up here know of any places that are open?

Thanks!!

Charlie
Mike Bellis
I don't know of any open today nor any place in the North Bay.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Charles Danek @ Jul 9 2017, 12:26 PM) *
I am trying to get to Alaska from LA in my '65 912. It is day 1 of my drive, I am just north of San Fran, running an Alternator conversion kit and I think mine died. This is a part that any high performance VW place should carry, but it is Sunday. Anyone up here know of any places that are open?

I don't know of any places that are open on Sundays.
sad.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Charles Danek @ Jul 9 2017, 12:26 PM) *
I am just north of San Fran, running an Alternator conversion kit and I think mine died.

Where exactly are you?

If you are stranded, you can stay at my house, i'm in San Pablo right off 80.
idea.gif
Charles Danek
Thank you Andy! Very kind of you. I am at O'Reilly's in Fairfield. am going to try a few things first, but I may be reaching out!
Tom_T
Charlie,

If you don't find any joy today, there are several Porsche places in the Bay Area south of you, such as Parts Heaven, High Performance House (Rich Bontempi), Marty Yeoman, etc. who can probably help you out. I don't know any specifically HP VW shops up there.

Good Luck & Safe Trip! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
ConeDodger
EASY is easier. But, I'm thinking you probably came up 1 and took 80 toward 5?
Charles Danek
Thank you Andy! Very kind of you. I am at O'Reilly's in Fairfield. am going to try a few things first, but I may be reaching out!

Update: Just swapped the alt fuse - problem solved!!

Back on the road!

Thank you all for the replies!!

SirAndy
QUOTE(Charles Danek @ Jul 9 2017, 02:23 PM) *
Back on the road!

thumb3d.gif driving.gif
Charles Danek
Hi All - To answer an earlier question, I actually took the 5! I got a later start than I wanted, and I had to meet a friend for dinner in Fairfield, so me (and my car) decided to brave the 110 degree heat. Car temp never got near crucial but I did run warmer than I normally do for an extended stretch - that could be what triggered my fuse. Well, that and running those 55/100w Hella bulbs I put in an effort to avoid bears.

After a day on the 5, I got on the 101 today. I am at Eureka now - gonna go to at least Crescent City today.

If you all would care to follow this sojourn, I am Charlesdanek on Instagram.

Best -

Charlie
euro911
Safe travels, Charles - that's a long haul driving.gif

We'll have to get together again sometime after you get back ... I'm starting to work on the '66 912 again.

San Pablo, Andy? ... movin' on up - congrats beerchug.gif

SirAndy
QUOTE(Charles Danek @ Jul 9 2017, 06:49 PM) *

After a day on the 5, I got on the 101 today. I am at Eureka now - gonna go to at least Crescent City today.

I've driven the 914 up the coast on Hwy 101 to Seattle and back down, it's a beautiful drive!
smile.gif
Cairo94507
If you are in Crescent City, take a look at Pelican Bay. The highest level prison in CA. Super Max. facility where the worst of the worst are "housed".
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 9 2017, 02:31 PM) *

QUOTE(Charles Danek @ Jul 9 2017, 02:23 PM) *
Back on the road!

thumb3d.gif driving.gif

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.