Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Temp sender for billet taco plate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
arne
After the recent work to seal my oil leaks, all was successful, save the taco plate. I don't want to fight that forever, so I'm planning to get a billet plate from jonesy.

Additionally, I'm not sure that the current sender is working. I know the originals are NLA. Is there an aftermarket replacement that will work with the original gauge? I see that the billet plates are available with either 14mm or 10mm threaded holes. I think 14mm is stock, but is there a 10mm sender I should use instead?
914Sixer
Check E-Gauges.com, they are VDO retailer.
saigon71
QUOTE(arne @ Jul 9 2017, 04:19 PM) *

After the recent work to seal my oil leaks, all was successful, save the taco plate. I don't want to fight that forever, so I'm planning to get a billet plate from jonesy.

Additionally, I'm not sure that the current sender is working. I know the originals are NLA. Is there an aftermarket replacement that will work with the original gauge? I see that the billet plates are available with either 14mm or 10mm threaded holes. I think 14mm is stock, but is there a 10mm sender I should use instead?

I was never able to find an aftermarket sender to work with the stock gauge. I ended up buying a new sensor/gauge combo from Pelican. The new one fit the stock threads.
arne
Is the stock sensor the 14mm unit?

The new gauges ar smaller than the originals, aren't they?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.