Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did I reverse my feed and return lines?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
87m491
Just finished my winter, I know, fuel line R&R front to back and put a few gallons in the tank.
The fuel pump wouldn't fire which will be a problem for another day. 12V direct to the pump and it runs, however no fuel to fuel rail. I'm thinking I swapped feed and return lines when I swapped in the Tangerine same sized SS lines.
Because the FP is located under the tank, I can barely get to the power leads from under the car but not enough room to swap the hoses over. I'm thinking may be easier to move a few bits and test swap hoses in the engine bay.
Mark Henry
You may have kinked your feed hose under the tank, you have enough room to feel along the hose looking for kinks.

You did take the dust plugs off the lines before you put on the hose right?
Had a customer who did that on a new MC. rolleyes.gif
87m491
IIRC there were no plugs in the lines, I'll recheck for kinks but I cracked the lines where they exit the body tunnel and had fuel in each but still nothing running to the rail, or I should say the cross over line from left rail to right rail that I checked. Probably should not have left the pump with no gas in it for 8 months...

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jul 9 2017, 12:53 PM) *

You may have kinked your feed hose under the tank, you have enough room to feel along the hose looking for kinks.

You did take the dust plugs off the lines before you put on the hose right?
Had a customer who did that on a new MC. rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.