Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HOLY CRAP
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
Noble M12 GTO 3R. Kit car, 2380 lbs, twin turbo 6 (Ford Taurus!), 352 h.p., 0-60=3.3 sec. for only $76,400. Comes from South Africa in 2 crates, 1 for the body and 1 for the drive train. Any one want the rice wing when I get the car?? Looks kinda Lotusy

Car & driver link http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?se...8&page_number=1
Dealer link http://www.1gracing.com/m12.html
scottb
now that is cool. when i hit the lottery i will get one as well and we can start a club in the area! beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
bondo
Whoo! I want that transmission! Anyone parting out a Mondeo? smile.gif
Type 4
]My GS Ltd will smoke that thing it and costs just $20k
302hp @1100 lbs = 3.54Lbs per HP.
The GS Ltd has twice the power to weight ratio.
airsix
Ok, I'm stupid. What the crap is a GS Ltd?

-Ben M.
Rusty
QUOTE (Type 4 @ May 15 2005, 11:47 AM)
302hp @1100 lbs = 3.54Lbs per HP.
The GS Ltd has twice the power to weight ratio.

Does it have a freshly "rebuilt" motor in it? lol2.gif
william harris
An imaginary Kit Car. lol2.gif
xsboost90
76k i could make my teener that fast....hell i could make it fly!
Type 4
Here is the GS that the moulds are being built from.
Type 4
Type 4
Trying #2 again.
Type 4
Here is the body removed.
Type 4
Quicker than a Shelby Cobra.
redshift
And more beautiful than a '66 'rrari GTB.

biggrin.gif

M

jgiroux67
QUOTE (Type 4 @ May 15 2005, 08:47 AM)

So what? That Noble is a MUCH better looking car and I'm sure its alot more fun to drive. That green thing looks like a frog with a huge butthole sticking out.
markb
20k for something that looks like the fiberglas bug bodies I see all the time at the VW wrecking yard? On a bug pan? With a modified bug motor? Ya gotta be kidding.

Oh, wait, maybe you're not. I saw pics of your "rebuilt" motor. Get real.
Type 4
This is Rhil Renington ihe built the chassis for Shelby, The Scarabs and Gurney Eagles.
He is one of the fellows involed with GS's.
He is working on Reeves GS.
This photo was taken at Reeves Callaways Shop in Laguna, you may of heard of the Corvettes he builds.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (Type 4 @ May 15 2005, 12:47 PM)
]My GS Ltd will smoke that thing

until you get to the first corner.
Besides, that thing looks about as safe as driving a bicycle on a freeway. wacko.gif
ruddyboys
Thow on a couple of surfboards and hit the waves.
Tom Perso
SWING AXLE?

Wait till it corner jacks and flips over. No thanks.

I don't care if you put one of those candy-assed sway bars on it - it's a shitty suspension design, always has and always will be.

Tom
spare time toys
Is that a Corvair convert in the back ground of the Yellow one?
Type 4
Really.
Considering that at Autodynamics Corp who designed the GS built Formula Ford, Formula Vee, Can Am and Trans Am cars.

I think they got the handling figured out.

It outhandled any car made in 1970 and will still out handle just about any car made today.
Type 4
Yes it is.
the GS was built with Corvair 180hp power.
Here is one that ran at Pikes Peak in 1971 third overall.
What were you saying about that swing axle?
Mr.C
That's one cool looking Manx! I wonder if it will still look that sweet after three tanks of fuel? laugh.gif
914Timo
It outhandled any car made in 1970 and will still out handle just about any car made today.

Are you kidding or have you some kind of facts to show you are not talking BS. I think I can feel that there is not very many people out there who could share your opinions and I am one of them. Some comparable lap times ?? Please, show me how wrong I am, again. cool_shades.gif
Tom Perso
QUOTE (Type 4 @ May 16 2005, 07:36 AM)
What were you saying about that swing axle?

Dude, I don't care if this thing transversed the moon with a swingaxle, it's still a shitty design.

I know that Formula V's and all sorts of other "race" vehicles use it... It's because they are grandfathered in and changing it would mean a whole new rule re-write. Whatever.

You have to keep the thing jacked down so low so it won't flip going around turns, you loose a good tire contact patch because of the negative camber. Not a good design, IMHO.

The only reason it probably half-ass works on that Manx thing is because it's running monster-wide tires. You don't NEED tires that big, on a car that light, if the suspension was setup correctly. And since it's a swing, you can't do shit with it!

'Nuff said

Tom
Tom Perso
Any bumps-steer issues with the rack placement on that green car? Looks like a pretty hard angle those tie-rods are sitting at.

skline
Not to change the subject, if I had my choice of a new car, I would go for the Bugatti Veyron 16.4. There is a write up on it in Motor Trend. 252 MPH with a direct injection 8 liter W-16 with 64 valves and 4 turbos producing a confirmed 987 horsepower at 6k RPM's and 922 foot pounds of torque at just 2200 RPM's. It has a 7 speed DSG twin clutch transmission. 0 to 60 in under 3 seconds, 0 to 124 in 6 seconds and 0 to 185 in 14 seconds. Another good thing about the car is from 252 MPH to 0 in less than 10 seconds. Like I have always said, a fast car is only as good as it's brakes.

Top that!!
dinomium
Cmon!
Isn't this 2005? I WANT MY FLYING CAR! Jetson style!
Jane, stop this crazy thread!
airsix
Ok, that GS (looks like a Manx) will be fast in a straight line, but nothing with a swing-axle in back and bug torsion-bar suspension in the front is going to best a Noble on the skidpad, slalom, or a real race track. It does look like a lot of fun though.

-Ben M.
Toast
QUOTE (scotty b @ May 15 2005, 06:49 AM)
Noble M12 GTO 3R. Kit car, 2380 lbs, twin turbo 6 (Ford Taurus!), 352 h.p., 0-60=3.3 sec. for only $76,400. Comes from South Africa in 2 crates, 1 for the body and 1 for the drive train. Any one want the rice wing when I get the car?? Looks kinda Lotusy

I like the body! And the rest if the specs sound great too!
I was gonna comment about removing the spoiler, but I see you already thought of that. biggrin.gif Will look even sexier without it.

smilie_pokal.gif
ChrisFoley
When I was in Georgia in March I saw a Noble M12 in the parking lot across the street from the Road Atlanta track entrance. It was at an exotic car dealership or something like that.
Cool car, and absolutely no comparison to a glorified dune buggy.
BTW, I bet the car is more stable at high speeds with the wing, as opposed to the wings on ricers that would fall off if the car could go that fast.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.