Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Auction price for a "bumblebee"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1970 Neun vierzehn
On 21 May 2017 at the Bonhams Spa Classic Auction in Francorchamps, Belgium a 1974 914/4 SE sold for $39,853. w00t.gif A brief description reads: ".....Restored to high standard between 2015 and 2017 and hardly used since. Beautiful condition with fresh paint and good chrome. Door-window rubber on right side not perfect. Interior clean, seats with some patina. Leather-covered steering wheel. Central console with extra gauges, typical for the model. New Michelins on original Mahle rims. Porsche COA. Illustrated 15 page report and Classic Data vehicle valuation, various invoices, current TuV and German registration papers. Offered at no reserve. Condition 3."

And yes, the VIN is in our data base.
HalfMoon
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Jul 9 2017, 10:08 PM) *

On 21 May 2017 at the Bonhams Spa Classic Auction in Francorchamps, Belgium a 1974 914/4 SE sold for $39,853. w00t.gif A brief description reads: ".....Restored to high standard between 2015 and 2017 and hardly used since. Beautiful condition with fresh paint and good chrome. Door-window rubber on right side not perfect. Interior clean, seats with some patina. Leather-covered steering wheel. Central console with extra gauges, typical for the model. New Michelins on original Mahle rims. Porsche COA. Illustrated 15 page report and Classic Data vehicle valuation, various invoices, current TuV and German registration papers. Offered at no reserve. Condition 3."

And yes, the VIN is in our data base.

40k for condition 3?
Some good dope they got over there.
porschetub
But really that's the way it is going ,cars from the US are heading there considering the market share of sales in the states,how would you complain ,got to be good.
On our local (country) auction site had an average 2.0 that sold for 32k nzd,before I got mine, the odd presentable cars were going for 15k our currency, exchange rate which is poor @ 60 odd cents /USD so it's worldwide thing really.
Last of the 911 aircooled stuff has gone mental pricewise by a big margin in the last year or so SC's and 964's were reasonable value ,not any more sad.gif .
87m491
"Driver" 911 prices have come off the boil of 18 months as have 930s. It seems to me 914s have as well.

QUOTE(porschetub @ Jul 9 2017, 10:12 PM) *

But really that's the way it is going ,cars from the US are heading there considering the market share of sales in the states,how would you complain ,got to be good.
On our local (country) auction site had an average 2.0 that sold for 32k nzd,before I got mine, the odd presentable cars were going for 15k our currency, exchange rate which is poor @ 60 odd cents /USD so it's worldwide thing really.
Last of the 911 aircooled stuff has gone mental pricewise by a big margin in the last year or so SC's and 964's were reasonable value ,not any more sad.gif .
914Sixer
I always viewed the value of the cars as secondary. The fun factor is first. Along with that is the conversation value and the new friends you make every time you go out.
GregAmy
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 10 2017, 08:45 AM) *

I always viewed the value of the cars as secondary. The fun factor is first. Along with that is the conversation value and the new friends you make every time you go out.

Amen. But when the "value" of a car rises such that now you're worried about how much it costs to replace...well, that's when it's no longer as much fun. 914s are closely approaching the point where you can no longer say "eff it, if I wreck it I'll just buy another one" (sixes are well, well past that).

Rising prices are fine and dandy for those already into one*, but I hope that never happens.

GA

*Probably the only cars I'll ever get back what I have into them...and I can say that to my wife with a straight face. So we've got that going for us.
larryM
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Jul 10 2017, 08:48 AM) *

.... when the "value" of a car rises such that now you're worried about how much it costs to replace...well, that's when it's no longer as much fun. 914s are closely approaching the point where you can no longer say "eff it, if I wreck it I'll just buy another one" (sixes are well, well past that).

..... that is exactly why i quit racing my sixer

- for DE etc we can buy track day insurance, but it ain't cheap - i recently figured it would cost me over $1200 to do a PCA Thunderhill DE with insurance - (hard to justify to the significant other)

- my '63 MGB vintage racer, i can still afford to break it ... maybe .. but i'm not sure i want to spend 3-6 months repairing it if i do
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.