Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S 1973 2.0 Porsche 914.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
porscheaddic
-------CAR IS SOLD----- Selling this very original 1973 Porsche 914. This is a very solid California Porsche. Zero rust in the hell hole/battery tray. Light rust in the rear trunk, nothing structural, easy clean up. Porsche has been painted once in it's life in it's original metallic blue. Paint is faded, dry and chipping in various areas. Lots of work recently performed to ensure a good reliable car, this includes;

Rebuilt D-Jetronic fuel injection pump.
Rebuilt transmission.
Tank flushed.
All new high pressure fuel hose from the tank to the engine.
New injector seals.
New intake gaskets.
New I take boots.
All new shift bushings.
New axle seals.
New tires.
Five polished Fuchs.
New plug wires.

Porsche fires right up, idles good, runs strong, no leaks, smoke or knocks. This is a factory 2.0 GA three bolt intake head engine with all it's original fuel injection. Porsche has it's original front and rear steel valances. Porsche has really nice chrome front and rear bumpers. Rubber bumper tops are showing age, looking dry. Interior is in good condition. Some small rips and tears on the seats, but very clean for a vintage car. Back seat pad is in perfect condition. Porsche still has it's original carpet, in decent shape. Dash has a large crack just above the three gauges. Door panels are clean and original, no speaker cuts. I have a clean California title. Car can be enjoyed as is or make it perfect with a paint job and new rubber. Car is being sold as is where is. Porsche is currently listed on eBay, item number 112476110899. Asking $12,500.

Thanks
MikeInMunich
Price? confused24.gif
914_7T3
Is this the original motor to the car or just an original GA motor that was installed ?What is the price and where in Cali is the car located?
Coondog
Rule for posting 914 in classified section is you have to post PRICE. I also see your car listed on EBay which has more pics. Post a price here and put a disclaimer on EBay that you have the car listed elsewhere and it will be sold if reserve is met. EBay shows the car listed in Wrightwood ??
Also I see rust eating through the battery tray, how about a picture underneath it. That's where the rust will be. I see more 914s sold here to serious people then on EBay. Put all your cards on the table, you have the year and motor everyone wants. Good luck.
porscheaddic
Thanks for the advice Coondog, I will edit my ad.
iwanta914-6
Price seems pretty fair if the description is accurate. As stated before, it's the year and engine that everyone wants. GLWTS!
Cairo94507
I wish he would have answered the question regarding is this engine the original to that car or not. Seems like a good price and a decent car.
nditiz1
The seller did respond and told me the motor is not the factory original, but another one from the 73 era.
JeffBowlsby
No doubt about it...this car and every original part on it was originally original!

GLWTS!
yeakel1
How are the heater boxes? What is the paint code? I am in Anaheim. Is there a way to meet in the middle?
porscheaddic
QUOTE(yeakel1 @ Jul 21 2017, 12:22 PM) *

How are the heater boxes? What is the paint code? I am in Anaheim. Is there a way to meet in the middle?

Heater boxes look to be solid with little surface rust. I recall one exchanger to have a small dent. The factory color code is L96B Alaska metalic blue. I would describe the care as very well preserved, but in need of paint and all new rubber. Door gaps, hood gaps and headlamp gaps are perfect, all consistent. No visible accident or repairs throughout the entire body. One key opens both doors, ignition and rear trunk. All electrical is in good working order. I plan on adding a walk around detailed video on the Porsche in the near future.

Thanks
Sea Dragon 914
My first car was an 74 Alaska Blue Metallic 2.0 but it had Gurney wheels. That car was stolen and never recovered. sad.gif
Fatboy007
where in ca are you? blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.