Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Subaru 2wd blanking plate drawing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nick1973
Hello has anyone got a drawing of the blanking plate for the trans I want to get one laser cut is not ill start drawing one up
thanks nick
76-914
Just use the rear cover as a template and drill guide. beerchug.gif
Keyser Sose
That's what I did, that or a gasket. Then cut it out with a jigsaw and drilled it with a hand drill, cleaned it up with a file. Twenty minutes, easy.

If you do get one laser cut you should see what it costs to make several extras at the same time. The major cost is in machine setup, so the additional plates should be little more than the cost of the additional material. Sell the extras to pay for yours, and your fellow swappers will thank you.
mepstein
QUOTE(Keyser Sose @ Jul 10 2017, 10:58 AM) *

That's what I did, that or a gasket. Then cut it out with a jigsaw and drilled it with a hand drill, cleaned it up with a file. Twenty minutes, easy.

If you do get one laser cut you should see what it costs to make several extras at the same time. The major cost is in machine setup, so the additional plates should be little more than the cost of the additional material. Sell the extras to pay for yours, and your fellow swappers will thank you.

Ross / Rnellums altrady does this
rnellums
I have a few of these left from a run I did a while ago. I was asking 40$ for them, laser cut from aluminum. Not sure if shipping to UK would be cost prohibitive though!

-Ross
JRust
QUOTE(rnellums @ Jul 10 2017, 08:59 AM) *

I have a few of these left from a run I did a while ago. I was asking 40$ for them, laser cut from aluminum. Not sure if shipping to UK would be cost prohibitive though!

-Ross

I have one of Ross setup's. Good setup at a great price. I doubt shipping would be to bad for it. I have seen other guys just cut some diamond plate if it is. Pretty simple with the rear diff cone for a template.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.