Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 restoration on tv NOW
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oakdalecurtis
Wheeler Dealers doing a 914 restoration RIGHT NOW on ch 281.
wes
Rerun!
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(wes @ Jul 10 2017, 05:46 PM) *

Rerun!

Only if you've seen it!
76-914
I've got the trunk lid off that car. I attached a luggage carrier to it and use it when my wife comes with me to events.
bbrock
Anyone know what season it is from? Might have to buy that episode. confused24.gif
oakdalecurtis
I see it's on again tonight at 8 pm!
napasteve
It's a good episode. Sadly, with Edd gone from Wheeler Dealers, the best part of the show is gone. I tolerated Mike to learn something from Edd. Oh well, everything changes.
PanelBilly
Spoiler alert.

They sell the car back to the guy they bought it from
arne
I dvr'd this episode some time ago. Season 9, episode 5.
bbrock
QUOTE(arne @ Jul 10 2017, 09:34 PM) *

I dvr'd this episode some time ago. Season 9, episode 5.

Thanks! I can buy that for $1.99 I think. We are cord cutters so no more cable or satellite. Just streaming.
Larmo63
The whole episode is on YouTube.

bbrock
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jul 10 2017, 09:58 PM) *

The whole episode is on YouTube.

Even better! Thanks. beer.gif
Andyrew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5Xul0Ul-xk

Best one I could find.
porschetub
seen that a ways back,rust free car in the uk,surprised me ,engine needed a few new hoses and away it went ....really
Darren C
QUOTE(napasteve @ Jul 11 2017, 03:17 AM) *

It's a good episode. Sadly, with Edd gone from Wheeler Dealers, the best part of the show is gone. I tolerated Mike to learn something from Edd. Oh well, everything changes.

Steve,

I think you'll enjoy the new Wheeler Dealers.

I worked on the old Wheeler Dealers show behind camera and on screen & know Edd & Mike very well.

The new guy replacing Edd is Ant Anstead. Ant came to fame in UK on a TV show called For the Love of Cars, and before that he ran his own bespoke car company building Evanta sports cars. (google Evanta Cars "images" to see the stuff Ant Designs & Builds)
As a co-incidence I worked with Ant on the TV show For the Love of Cars, too. I'm in series 1 episodes 6 & 7 on screen and do a small voiceover.

If you google For the Love of Cars, I'm sure you'll all be mightily impressed with Ant's knowledge, skill and personality. Not sure if this link works outside of UK, but give it a try.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/for-the-love-of-cars

Life moves on, so do TV shows and folks careers.

Please give the new series of Wheeler Dealers a chance, ok it might take a while to get over Edd moving on and change is always initially difficult to accept, but having seen what's going on with my two pals on the new series currently being filmed, I'm sure it'll be a good show and well worth watching.
sb914
Seen edd at cars n coffee, he was stoked to see my car.
And he's very tallClick to view attachment
arne
I've got no problem with Edd leaving and a new skilled person joining. But the reason that Edd left (de-emphasis on the refurb of the subject car) is what will ruin the show for me. Edd's work was real world stuff, not a no-budget build like most of the other car shows. That was the whole reason to watch. If that has gone away, WD will have lost what made it unique.
Darren C
Much has been discussed online about the content of the new show, but lets all wait until the series has been aired in full before we pass judgement.
Amphicar770
My issue with most of these shows is that they gloss over all of the work that really goes into restoring a car. Rusty tins suddenly look freshly blasted and painted or powdercoated, stuff like that.
toolguy
QUOTE(napasteve @ Jul 10 2017, 08:17 PM) *

I do take issue with Ed's constant use of spray paint in cans and calling it 'freshly restored. . more like 'temporarily made to hide issues'. . perfect example was his 'restoring' the 914 roof panel with spray cans, and how he reproduced it's texture with globs of paint. . . and then Mike reselling them as a 'cracking' good car. Whatever 'cracking' means over across the pond.
EdwardBlume
I think it's inspiring for us non-motor types to go for it and work on our own stuff. shades.gif
bbrock
I watched the episode on Youtube last night. I had never seen any episode of that show because I've hated pretty much every car restoration show I've seen. But I really liked this one. Yeah, I would quibble about some of the choices and methods. I always cringe when I see the low areas of 4-spoke Fuchs polished up shiny. I really cringed when they did that and then declared "they looked like new." But overall I thought it was a real world example without the phony forced drama. I particularly liked that they spent some time talking about a quirky part of the mechanics (the thermostat bellows and flapper). I would have liked to see more about how that engine went from grungy to shiny, but they only had an hour. So I like that they picked one funky aspect.

Thanks for pointing this episode out. I realized last night that as I've been surfing YouTube to vicariously relive the experience of having a driveable teener, I've been skipping over that one because it was "just another damn car show." I enjoyed it a lot. thumb3d.gif
Darren C
QUOTE(toolguy @ Jul 11 2017, 05:26 PM) *

Whatever 'cracking' means over across the pond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbBO-hiF8wE
Ed_Turbo
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jul 11 2017, 05:30 AM) *

Seen edd at cars n coffee, he was stoked to see my car.
And he's very tallClick to view attachment

Cool man wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.