Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Need help finding a banjo fitting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThePaintedMan
I'm out of town this week but I want to finally finish my neighbor's 380sl project that's sitting in my driveway when I get back. Long story short he started replacing the intake boot, but he broke off this banjo fitting leading into the fuel distributor. For the life of me, I cannot find anything like it on the web. It's a M10 to M12 step, if I remember correctly and is usually listed as a banjo union, I think. Basically a fuel line comes in with the traditional banjo but another smaller line piggybacks on top of that one. The car is a 1983 380 SL. Thanks guys!

914Sixer
Try Bell Metric
Chris914n6
I've looked at a lot of banjos lately trying to get a trans temp sensor in my a/t. I'm sure that's a Mercedes only item if the dealer can still order it.

Otherwise look into a double banjo bolt or maybe a 1/8" NPT adapter.
dlee6204
Have you checked out this place? Looks like they might have it. "new check valve for fuel pump"

https://www.deloreanautoparts.com/delorean-...-injection.html

Click to view attachment
ThePaintedMan
Yeah, except's the wrong thread size. On this one it's 12mm on the top, short section and 10mm on the bottom half. sad.gif
90quattrocoupe
A picture of the area on the fuel distributor where this banjo was may help. Have you tired the Merc dealer?

Greg W.
ThePaintedMan
Here's the picture of where it broke off in the distributor. It's the port at the top, though the distributor is lying on it's side. That port would be on the drivers side at the very back of the engine bay. I did go to the dealer, but they were absolutely no help. Even the diagrams they had on the computer were so poor I could barely see anything. This appears to be a one-year only thing for the 1983 model because I have not seen it in any other diagram.
Jetsetsurfshop
Call my Dad. I bet he could help.
90quattrocoupe
Is it number 645 in this diagram?

IPB Image

If it is, it is part #N915037004101 HOLLOW SCREW FITTING

I found it here.

http://mb-teilekatalog.info/view_SubGroupA...&subgrp=070

If not, sorry.

Greg W.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.