Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alternator Problems Revisited
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
Finally got some time to try and chase down the gremlin that keeps my alternator from charging. I have tried the easy things such as: 1) Tightened the connections including all the grounds I could find, 2) Cleaned the connections on the fuse block (especially #8) and replaced any suspect looking fuses. 3) Replaced the VR with a known good one. 4) Swapped out the relay board. 5) Verified that the alternator has a good case to ground. 6) Wire brushed, filed and sanded all of the connections between the alternator relay board and starter.

So far no luck. Light shines like it's happy to be working.

Question - Is there any way to test for voltage with the motor running to isolate it to the harness that goes from the alternator to the relay board and battery?

Just trying anything before I swap it.

Thanks.
redshift
unsure.gif

This looks like a question for... the Cap'n!

biggrin.gif

M
Allan
Funny thing is, on the way to the WCC I stopped by his place and guess what? The damn thing was working. Stopped again on the way to Camarillo.
Cap'n Krusty
Well, ya coulda taken my wife and I along for the weekend, but noooooooooooooooooooooooooo ........................... The Cap'n, who has a way to test the alternator, but it's written down at the shop ................. Any good alternator shop can test it for you, right in the car ...............
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.