Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: carborator help...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Oliver
Help a got a project car with a box on FI and a warnout pos carb. rebuild or replace woth what? oh damm I got to go get a camara to day....
type.gif

Oh not to mix topics any one know of 914 clubs in the pdx or part suppliers?
pray.gif driving.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Oliver @ May 15 2005, 12:53 PM)
Help a got a project car with a box on FI and a warnout pos carb. rebuild or replace woth what?

what cam does the engine have? if it's a stock cam (for FI) carbs won't help 'ya in the HP department ...

having said that, 40 Dual-Webers should work fine on a 1.8, just don't excpect any HP gains and be prepared for a worse gas-milage ...

rolleyes.gif Andy
PS: and yes, you've guessed right, i would try to fix the stock FI instead of slapping on carbs ...
JoeSharp
What are you going to do with the car. I have a 75 1.8 that i use as a daily driver. I used a pair of Solex 40 mm singles. With a 010 dist. and I have no issues with it. Good throttle responce and good gas mileage. It cost me about $500 to do the conversion with new carbs and manifolds from EMPI. I didn't like thier linkage and changed it for a Hex-Bar. The only thing I would change would to use the CB fule pump, the Fauset with a perssure reg. cost more and now you have another part to brake (ask me how I know).
biggrin.gif Joe
morph
as far as clubs in the pdx area im not really aware of any.but there is a very wide base of locals for support in youre car.me bieng one of them there are a few of them here.as far as parts i can source alot of parts from locals depends on what you need.feel free to contact me for any info(503)-551-6191 or at hjhl@worldnet.att.net
james
appearance & performance
boxter(craig) is another local that can help you with parts & info
but to awnser youre question carbs & fi i feel are both good systems it just depends on what youre comfortable with ,and there application.most fi parts are not serviced very easy.so for most people you simply have to replace the part.on the other hand carbs (webers at least) are so adjustable people have a hard time setting them up right then proclaim there junk.just my .02
Oliver
Thanks for the help..
type.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.