Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Accelerator Pedal /Cable Not Moving Smoothly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yellowFV
I unsnapped the accelerator cable from the Pedal to access the Master Cylinder area and now that I reconnected the pedal to the cable the pedal/cable do not move smoothly and as easily as they did before I took them apart.

I notice that the pedal tends to move around under my foot and I tend to need to "Position" the pedal to actuate the cable.

what could have gone wrong here... just unsnapped the cable from the pedal and removed the two screws holding the rubber pedal base to the floor.

rob
redshift
Use a dental mirror, or something like one, to look from the front of the tunnel, towards the back..

Sounds like the cable is binding, and you can see all that.

As far as the pedal assy. being remounted oddly... I don't know how that happens.. I'd just check inside the tunnel, and remount the whole thing from the begining if I had too.

M
nsyr
It sounds like the cable wrapped around something when you put it back on. This happened to me and it was wrapped around the clutch cable.
Cap'n Krusty
That last post was good advice. Keep in mind that the throttle bell crank bushings are a wear item, and the pedals have a nasty habit of breaking the hinge, which is encased in the rubber. The bell crank can also bend and/or break. All will cause the problem you're describing. The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.