Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS>>1976 Porsche 914 Targa 2.0 $26,990
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
DavidLloyd
1976 Porsche Targa 2.0 $26,990

This Porsche has been lovingly maintained all its life by just 2 owners from Tallahassee, FL, garage kept. Just 53,570 original miles. Fully functional retrofitted factory/dealer air conditioner 5-speed manual transmission, rides like a dream.
Completely new paint job, 2015. Bridgestone Potenza RE950 tires, 2013. Fresh shocks & rear springs with adjustable sway-bar. Never wrecked, never rust removal, never taken apart and put back together, For the last 15 years, this car has been worked on by John Porter at Wagen Haus in Tallahassee, Florida. He will have all maintenance records available. 850-224-7267 ****$26,990***

Welcome to David Lloyd Tallahassee Auto Sales. www.davidlloydtallahassee.com. All our vehicles are inspected and serviced prior to sale. We are committed to making your online vehicle purchase honest, safe and positive.

FINANCING
We accept cash in person, bank wire transfer (we prefer this method of payment) or cashiers check (clearance times on cashier checks vary from each banking facility). Make sure if you are financing your purchase, that your financial institution accepts the year and mileage of this vehicle before bidding. PLEASE ARRANGE FINANCING PRIOR TO BIDDING.

PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS
Winning bidder must make a $300 deposit immediately to secure vehicle. Call or email David Lloyd at 850-728-7700 or davidlloydtally@gmail.com for deposit payment instructions. The remainder of the balance is due within 7 days.

FEES
There is a $499.00 paperwork fee (paperwork, temporary tag, postage, fed ex, airport transportation, etc.) added to the cost of every vehicle for ALL customers AND dealers. This fee represents costs and profit to the dealer for inspecting and cleaning vehicles as well as preparing documents for the sale. As a licensed Florida dealer, we are required to process new tags or tag transfers for Florida residents. There is an additional charge for new tags or transfer of tags for Florida residents, and the buyer is responsible for paying this charge.

RECEIVING YOUR VEHICLE
The Buyer is responsible for the pickup of this vehicle. Please call us prior to making your arrangements to pick up your vehicle so we may schedule a mutually agreeable time and date with you.

WARRANTY
All of our vehicles are sold "AS IS. AS IS means that there is NO WARRANTY expressed, written or implied on that vehicle. This vehicle has appropriate cosmetic and mechanical wear for the age and mileage of the vehicle. As with any pre-owned vehicle, there may be unforeseen repairs in the future. We personally hand pick all of our vehicles. We fully inspect the vehicles and road test them. We run CARFAX reports on every vehicle and try to gain as much knowledge about the vehicle prior to our buying it. We make every effort to disclose any known defects associated with the vehicle. We do not buy flood or salvage vehicles. All of our vehicles are inspected, serviced and safety checked. We are committed to selling high quality pre-owned vehicles and our goal is always 100% customer satisfaction.

OTHER INFORMATION
The State of Florida does not require a safety or emissions inspection. We are not responsible for the vehicles safety or emissions requirements of your state or country. The safety or emissions requirements for this vehicle are the sole responsibility of the buyer. Please remember our description is just that, a description, we have limited information when it comes to packages, options, and vehicle history. If you have any questions call us before bidding also please take the time to read the CARFAX and all other resources before you commit to buy.

PLEASE ASK QUESTIONS – OUR GOAL IS YOUR SATISFACTION.
If you are unsure about anything, please ask. Do not assume if something is not listed that it is included. All of our pictures are of the actual vehicles. It is our intention to present our vehicles as accurately as possible but occasionally a typo or inconsistency may occur. We will not be held responsible for misprints or inaccuracies due to the VIN Decoder on the computer program. Please review the pictures and call us with your questions. We will gladly review the vehicle with you and confirm all the actual options on each vehicle.

Thank you very much! smash.gif
Coondog
Good luck, your about $ 10,000 to high for its condition.
Shadowfax
Man, I normally don't comment on ads but WTF.gif
Andyrew
Its a dealer on a showroom floor, who knows they might get it.. Loose the stripes and its a good looking car with AC.
rhodyguy
Put it on a lift and let's see what you have. How do the outer longitudinals look? Take the carpet out of the rear trunk and show the floor to rear panel seam. Same for the front...
porschetub
WOW......times are a changing...or should I say peoples idea of an original low mileage car certainly is.
Following points ;
FI gone after 53k miles why?,
Real scruffy engine bay,
strange texture on roof,
weird colour scheme on seats,recovered why ?,
strange wheel refurb,ugly IMO,
new springs @ that mileage ?,
never been pulled apart...how did they paint it properly?.

Others may say more but end of day this one is not as advertised and overpriced and yes don't normally comment but it needs to be said.

Chris914n6
It's about using the right keywords when fishing for a sucker...
porschetub
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jul 13 2017, 02:03 PM) *

It's about using the right keywords when fishing for a sucker...

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
rhodyguy
When pricing and purchase information outweigh details it's problematic. A 'mouse' being eyed by 14k hawks is shredded in short order. The rendering is underway. GLWTS.
Mblizzard
I think there are some basics here that need to be addressed. In the right condition these cars can bring $30K. But any car that has duct tape used for a repair, what seems to be scrap metal holding the throttle cable, and a half-ass job of mounting the throttle return spring doesn't bring $30K.

Overall, the written summary of the cars condition doesn't match well to the pictures which should indicate to any potential buyer that a through PPI inspection is required. The inspection might bear out the stated asking price but I think the PPI would need to find $20K in the center console to justify the price.
rhodyguy
Nope. You give your dough to steve in exchange for his Raby engined red car. FAST and sorted....
Jonathan Livesay
Not to mention it's a '76 with carbs, good luck registering it in California.
IronHillRestorations
deleted - we should follow the rules - sorry
IronHillRestorations
deleted - we should follow the rules - sorry
dax1969
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Jul 13 2017, 11:01 PM) *

Personally I like to see comments fm people who know these cars very well, especially when the add is from a dealer. When you're not an expert like myself and only start from looks/price then I appreciate that some jump in to point out flaws...

I understand you have some rules to follow but if you're like me who has been tricked buying a "nice, freshly restored" 914 of Ebay then you just love "comments and warnings".

Greetings
sixaddict
Read the rules again.......I don't think there is exception for your liking something. dry.gif
rhodyguy
The rules have been on vacation for quite awhile.
rhodyguy
Oops, the rules have been on vacation for awhile. If a less informed member, like Dax, is spared buying a bad car (apparently another one) it's fine by me. A 'new' member that's a dealer, here solely to sell a car and bring nothing else to the table?
Front yard mechanic
Good looking car! But didn't 76 cars come with 1.8 engines?
dcheek
QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Jul 14 2017, 06:49 AM) *

Good looking car! But didn't 76 cars come with 1.8 engines?

As far as I know all '76's were 2 liter. Last run of 4100 cars.

Dave
burton73
All 76 cars came with 2.0 and no cars no cars were made after December 1975

You guys may not like them because of smog but very short numbers.

Bob B
burton73
u
sixaddict
So ask Eric about that one .....I have discussed with him and he feels we should be self policing. ....

There is an appropriate way for the newby to get help but that takes a little effort.
A for sale post that receives zero response sends the poster a message.

Frankly, I post car for sale ads on Pelican because of all the "expert opinions" rendered here. I like their system ...There system has will not allow the practice and so much more civil.

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 14 2017, 05:28 AM) *

The rules have been on vacation for quite awhile.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.