Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: motor mount difference between 911 and 914 style
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-914-Mot...ounts-srch.html

is there a difference in height or thickness from the 911 mount vs the 914 mount of this style?

thanks smile.gif
gms
I put them on my 914/6 as trans mounts as I recall all I had to do was to hog out the 2 side mounting holes with a step drill bit.
stownsen914
I believe the 914 mounts are substantially softer, so your engine/trans will move around more than with 911 mounts, for what it's worth.

Scott
SirAndy
The 911 sport mounts are the same thickness but you may have to hone out the mounting holes a bit (i never had to).

Just be aware that they are only "motor" mounts for early tail shifter cars.

On the later side shifter cars, they can only be used as a replacement for the rear transmission mounts.
shades.gif
jimkelly
because on the later cars the side shift engine bar is mounted solidly to the car.

thanks
jim

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 13 2017, 10:54 AM) *

The 911 sport mounts are the same thickness but you may have to hone out the mounting holes a bit (i never had to).

Just be aware that they are only "motor" mounts for early tail shifter cars.

On the later side shifter cars, they can only be used as a replacement for the rear transmission mounts.
shades.gif

Steve
I think the rear 914-4 ones had holes through the rubber versus a six looks like the one pictured above
Click to view attachment
flmont
I was actually going to ask if the 911 mount's,..the 20.00 version from pelican were strong enough to hold the EG33 weight or should I hard mount it to the chassis with a plate,..Iam using the EG33 engine mount's as it is,.but Brody from 914 gone wild suggested I use both a while back ???
jimkelly
i plan to use 911 mount and these 2 oem 914 washers at all four corners.
flmont
Ahh Ok Ill look in to that ...Thanks
GeorgeRud
The 911 mount will work as described. The original -6 mounts were stiffer than those on the -4s because of the lack of the holes in the mount.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(flmont @ Jul 13 2017, 05:18 PM) *

I was actually going to ask if the 911 mount's,..the 20.00 version from pelican were strong enough to hold the EG33 weight or should I hard mount it to the chassis with a plate,..Iam using the EG33 engine mount's as it is,.but Brody from 914 gone wild suggested I use both a while back ???

Four of the 911 mounts hold the ~500 lb 911 engine and ~125 lb transmission in the 911 shell. You'll have to decide if that's strong enough for your purpose.

--DD
gms
I just saw the mounts for sale on Pelican .

You will also need the cupped washer that goes over the top of the 911 mount as the OEM 914 part will not work so well.
gms
901-305-311-00
they look like this
Click to view attachment
Andyrew
911 sport mounts for the trani (What you have pictured) also require the small holes to be ovaled just a hair, about 1/16" to bolt up.
jimkelly
it's always something smile.gif

so it looks like 2ea of this washer for each mount is best, pn: 90130531100

are they big enough to hold engine off the floor if rubber mounts fails?

seems like all these metal washers, regardless of style, the mounts loses most of its flexibility idea.gif

jim
BillC
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Jul 14 2017, 01:48 PM) *

it's always something smile.gif

so it looks like 2ea of this washer is best, pn: 90130531100

seems like all these metal washers, regardless of style, the mounts loses most of its flexibility idea.gif

jim

Yes, those washers will work. However, you'll four of them, one above and one under each mount. The mounts are designed to work with those washers.

The mounts actually aren't supposed to have a lot of flexibility. Their primary purpose is to isolate vibration, without letting the engine/trans "float" around too much.
gms
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Jul 14 2017, 12:48 PM) *

These mounts will be more firm and due to the design of the mount it would be near impossible for the washer to fall thru it.
mepstein
I wouldn't buy used. The new ones aren't that expensive. If you are buying more than one pair, I'll find you a good price.
jimkelly
thanks guys bye1.gif

yup, seems best to buy mounts and washers new. thanks.

my plan is to use one 911 mount at each of the four corners.

jim
11tenths
Then there's these...

Click to view attachment

https://www.wevo.com/Products/ChassisProduc...TransMounts.htm

-H
mepstein
QUOTE(11tenths @ Jul 14 2017, 07:17 PM) *

They are very nice but $359 for 4 is probably more than Jim wants to spend.
jimkelly
probably av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.