Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sad day in Oroville Ca
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Socalandy
My Sister and brother in law are Captains for Cal fire and just sent this to me. Sorry to the owner of this teener as well as a group of bugs sad.gif VIN check in progress

Butte County, Oroville CA
jor
This SoCal resident asks you to please thank your sister and brother-in-law for their service to the folks of California. What brave and hardy people they must be.
Tom_T
There was also that one in the garage of that Silverado home fire a few months back too, along with 1-2 911s, that I saw on our local news Andy. Owner was an older guy, no insurance, & it was suspected arson by his tenant in the guesthouse who had a disagreement going with the guy (not sure if ever proven).

I don't know if anyone caught that one to add the VIN.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
SirAndy
sad.gif
76-914
Dibs on the door handles
sb914
That won't buff out. sad.gif
Porschef
Fire sux, but this doesn't look like a victim, more like a project sitting.

Leaves on the trees?? confused24.gif
Socalandy
QUOTE(Porschef @ Jul 13 2017, 02:55 PM) *

The fire was on the ground thru this area and didnt reach the canopy. most of it look like this...

These pictures are upright before I posted mad.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Jul 13 2017, 03:19 PM) *

Nope, they aren't.

Your phone/computer uses the embedded rotation info to show them to you upright but they were in fact taken exactly as shown here.

One of these days i'll add some code to the forums to auto-correct for rotations like this ...
type.gif
EdwardBlume
Single horn, looks early. Hopefully not a /6.
914_teener

Fire behaves in strange ways here and these trees and plants have adapted to it.

Last year when the Blue Cut fire burned here I saw where the fire burned in 100 ft swathes hot enough to melt aluminum beer cans on the ground yet nearby trees were fine.

ndfrigi
Fixed the pics for you Andy.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
OMG! The only one I know in Oroville with a 914 and bugs is Al Weidman!

We need to welfare check on the Weidmans. They live out of town up in the hills next door to each other...
sad.gif
Socalandy
me and my stupid phone< Thanks Man!!!
Ed_Turbo
Typical Cali Summer fire season. Got to be careful living in the hills fires happen all the time.

76-914
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Jul 13 2017, 03:19 PM) *

The fire was on the ground thru this area and didnt reach the canopy. most of it look like this...

When you click on the sideways pics they rotate when reloading. beerchug.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 13 2017, 02:33 PM) *

Dibs on the door handles

Oh dude! That was cold hearted. I understand. But still... happy11.gif laugh.gif
Valy
This was a shell before the fire for it, if at all.
It's missing all the interior, dash, steering wheel, bumpers, mirror, seats and more. The windshield was probably gone before the fire as well because there are no chrome trimmings in sight.
If this was a fire damage, you would expect the horn wires and the round plugs in the front trunk to burn as well. And where did the signaling buckets disappear?
And as others noticed, there are no signs of fire on the ground.
Ed_Turbo
QUOTE(Valy @ Jul 13 2017, 10:30 PM) *

This was a shell before the fire for it, if at all.
It's missing all the interior, dash, steering wheel, bumpers, mirror, seats and more. The windshield was probably gone before the fire as well because there are no chrome trimmings in sight.
If this was a fire damage, you would expect the horn wires and the round plugs in the front trunk to burn as well. And where did the signaling buckets disappear?
And as others noticed, there are no signs of fire on the ground.

Good eye bud. The car looks like a stripped 914 that happen to be in the fire. Check out these trucks that were in the fire. You can see the attachments still mounted:

Click to view attachment

Owner probably got tired of the rust and parted the car out.
pete-stevers
That brings back memories... sad.gif
SKL1
Hope Weidmans are ok. First that leaking dam, then this??

We rely on them for our Fuchs!!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Jul 15 2017, 04:16 PM) *

Hope Weidmans are ok. First that leaking dam, then this??

We rely on them for our Fuchs!!

Harvey told me they were fairly good with the dam as he has moved the business to the house which is next to Al and they are up above the dam. I'd say that is likely Al's property. He has a few VW's and his 914's. How many people in Oroville have a collection of VW's and 914's? sad.gif

I've got a welfare check in to them but no answer so far. They might have been evacuated...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.