Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Project 914 located on the Gulf Coast
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FMH 914
Hi, all.
I'm a young Porsche guy located in Mobile, Al.
I'm on my 4th Porsche and this one is the biggest challenge yet.
I have a 1973 , 1.7 . With the normal "Hell Hole", trunk pans issues. She's a true Barn Find!

I'm a first class Machinist/ Fabricator, owning my own business. Equipment and skill won't be my issue, but knowledge on the cars will be.

Any 914 person in my area, I'd love to meet! Not many in my local PCA, in fact I'm the only one I know of. Please feel free to message me.

I'll post a couple pics and use this as my build thread.
914_7T3
Looks like a great project and of course:

welcome.png
AZBanks
welcome.png

Welcome.

Leave your sanity and your wallet at the door.

beerchug.gif

More pics are always welcome in a build thread.
vw_porsche
Pensacola here! bye1.gif

welcome.png
Shadowfax
welcome.png
aharder
welcome.png
carking1996
Great looking car! Show us some more pics!
whitetwinturbo
piratenanner.gif
FMH 914
Thank you everyone! Here's some more pictures. My hell hole is bad, but I'm not too afraid. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
FMH 914
Click to view attachment
forrestkhaag
Congrats on your barn find. Use the talent herein and dont listen to naysayers when things get a little discouraging.

I went from beach find at 3K to a 914-6 conversion up and running like a bat out of Hades (some call it Hell, I call it Hades......... my name if Forrest too....) anyway, preparation and persistence will get it done. Develop a vision for what your project outcome is to be and stick with it.

In my case, after a few 911's, 356's, a C4S and 993, i decided to go back to what i had in the early 70's.. a 1.7 slower than a snail 914. Unfortunately, I still had my 993 in the carport at the time.

The comparison is not good.

I sold the 993 immediately!

I drive the 914 daily.

welcome.png
beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.