Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1971 1.7 Very solid California/Arizona car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Sedonut
http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-porsche-914-4/

Silver with Porsche COA
euro911
Is that yours, Tony? unsure.gif
Sedonut
Yea, it's mine. I have two others, but this one is matching numbers. I'm going to mod one of the other two.

Too many cars and I want to build a vacation home, soooo....
euro911
I see it sold for $10,500 ... hope it was good for you aktion035.gif
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jul 20 2017, 05:15 PM) *

I see it sold for $10,500 ... hope it was good for you aktion035.gif

It seems like that's the low end for 914s on BaT these days. Regardless, congrats on the sale, it's a very nice looking car.
Sedonut
It went about $4000 less than I though it would.

Bring a Trailer is usually the top of the market, I feel I sold it at least $1500 less than I should have. It was nice and stock enough to bring at least $12,000.

Has the market changed or was it just a bad day?
era vulgaris
QUOTE(Sedonut @ Jul 21 2017, 10:41 PM) *

It went about $4000 less than I though it would.

Bring a Trailer is usually the top of the market, I feel I sold it at least $1500 less than I should have. It was nice and stock enough to bring at least $12,000.

Has the market changed or was it just a bad day?

I think the market is cooling very slightly, but also for an early 1.7 to bring mid-teens it needs to have original or period wheels (not new aftermarket), nothing missing (dash vent, original porthole rear valance, etc), wiring shouldn't be painted, and the engine bay should be completely body color with no signs of surface rust. It looks like you have some kind of aftermarket exhaust on there too, and no mention of whether or not it has heat exchangers (missing heat exchangers hurts it for the rest of the country where it gets cold). Also the bubble on the front fender hurts it a bit too. And you went to the trouble of getting a COA, but didn't show the engine number.
One thing that would deter me as a bidder is that there were no pics of the underside of the car, inside the wheel wells, or the underside of the engine and trans. Those are important for any car, but especially a 914.
I was guessing it would bring around $10 or $11K.
Sedonut
I did mention a couple of times I guarantee the engine matches . I submitted more pictures that did not get included in the listing. Oh well.

I bought it well, the buyer got a very good deal. I have too many cars and not enough money, so I am glad it sold.

Life is good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.