Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Inside door handles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
arkitect
I've just now come to the realization how cheaply made the door handles are...pot metal. sad.gif

I kind of knew it from posts I've seen on the breakage of outside door handles but didn't know that same material is on the inside door handles.

A small piece has broken off of the driver's side door handle (inside), the inside cam that engages the pull to the rod. Now there is only a small movement to the rod but not enough of a movement to open.

Has anyone found a close door handle from another model car to replace? or

Is someone working on a better material replacement?

Dave
bdstone914
Not an easy part to replace. Maybe 3D printing? No other matching handle that i know of. Same as a VW 411 or 412 and bears that type part number. Just get another one. I have a few drivers side but about 30 passenger sides you an idea as to the failure rate
mepstein
once you do replace it, lube up the mechanism as well as all the cable pulls on the car. they tend to fail when you have to pull really hard to overcome the 40+ years of corrosion.
sb914
Or Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.