Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cost for a clean shell for race car build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
RFoulds
if you wanted to buy a perfect clean shell for a race car build, all metal patches done, all reinforcements done, and squared up on a jig, what would you think that is worth?
Not, how low you could get it for a steal, but really, what is it worth?
jmz
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Jul 14 2017, 03:42 PM) *

if you wanted to buy a perfect clean shell for a race car build, all metal patches done, all reinforcements done, and squared up on a jig, what would you think that is worth?

Shell only? I'll take a W.A.G. 5K. ...Seeing how you can find a converted six race car for 15-25K that is mostly ready for the track.
mepstein
Last year someone sold a prepped shell with welded steel flares and a couple nice parts for $4k. Black shell in Texas.
carr914
I know where a Perfect One is! Rich Johnson Original Cage, Chassis Stiff. I put different flares, had it painted, sold it. The New Owner switched directions. Car has Never been on a Track and has been in Storage it's entire life

Click to view attachment
Jetsetsurfshop
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 14 2017, 05:42 PM) *

I know where a Perfect One is! Rich Johnson Original Cage, Chassis Stiff. I put different flares, had it painted, sold it. The New Owner switched directions. Car has Never been on a Track and has been in Storage it's entire life

Click to view attachment

Not that I have any money, but how much?
ConeDodger
Mark DeBernardi sold a good shell, not perfect, for $1000 a year or so back. I see it is up for sale again in our classifieds. It did have rust that needed to be repaired so it didn't meet your spec but its a data point.
Cracker
If your intentions are to build a high-end car with real performance in mind - I'd say the costs are all over the place. The one item that helps is 914's are generally not too valuable. Having spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on my car - I'd say the number is quite high - already done. I have very specific ideas (like my own) that had to be implemented as the project scope was expanded. IF I found what you are describing AND it met my qualifications, I'd pay 7-10 in heartbeat. That just is not possible, however...

T
RFoulds
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 14 2017, 06:42 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Well this certainly has my interest. if its for sale, please PM or email me at randyfoulds@gmail.com.

hot_shoe914
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Jul 14 2017, 03:42 PM) *

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=313318
Tdskip
I have one for you in OC.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.