Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vac Advance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom73
Working on the tune up and tested the vac advance. It will pull off like it should but then I hear a "pop" and it slowly goes back. Will not hold. Is it bad???

This is a '71 1.7.

tom...
SirAndy
icon_bump.gif don't know the answer but i just bumped this back to the top for 'ya ...

beerchug.gif Andy
McMark
I'm not sure I understand your description. But if your unit will not hold a vacuum, it is bad. You can suck on the vacuum hose to move it and plug the hole with your tongue. If you can see the advance plate move back to its neutral position, then it is bad. Best as I can understand, you've got a bad unit.
Tom73
Thanks for the response McMark.

Now for part 2 of the question, where can I get a replacement? AA shows them for $94 (OUCH blink.gif ), Pelican does not show them, and neither does MidAmerica. Any suggestions welcome.

tom...
Dominic
Tom,
What is the part nuumber on your vac advance unit ( i need the bosch part # also). I may have a new one that will work.
Dominic
Tom73
QUOTE (Dominic @ May 16 2005, 05:09 AM)
Tom,
What is the part nuumber on your vac advance unit ( i need the bosch part # also). I may have a new one that will work.
Dominic

Thank you Dominic.

I will check the number and post when I get home tonight.

tom...
Tom73
QUOTE (Dominic @ May 16 2005, 05:09 AM)
Tom,
Dominic

I could not find any number on the vac advance.

If it will help, the distributor had:

JFUDRX 4 <-
0 231 174 001
022 905 205 F

tom...
Tom73
Still looking for a source. Do not see a part number on the vac advance, but here is what it looks like:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

tom...
McMark
According to Brad Anders D-Jet parts table a 022 905 205 F distributor goes with a 022 905 271 A vacuum advance. I'm curious what differences are between the various vacuum advances.

Tom, look for a good used one. The Suck-And-Tongue test will tell you if you're getting a good one. IMHO, don't worry about the part numbers unless somebody pops on here and lets us know what the differences are between the various part numbers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.