Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 Autocrosses in 2 days
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
When to CENLA region SCCA Saturday. 4 timed runs 8 fun runs. Had the local hot shoe drive my car. 1st sound was "WHOO HOO" this thing sticks!!!!! After he figured out the shift pattern. 2nd run was 2 seconds faster than my best all day. So now you can see how much I was leaving on the table. His 3rd run was a few 10ths quicker still.

So I worked on shift points and short shifting to 3rd sooner. car position and a heaping helping of confidence. Don't lift the car will stick ..... Repeat several time before start.

Today ran 5 timed runs @ Delta region SCCA VERY fast course reached 5000 RPM in 3rd before wiggling thru the slalom back on the gas 3rd and brake WAY deep 2nd, turn, gas , 3rd and hold it down like ya got a pair through the big sweeper and then more slalom.

Oh did I mention MY CAR ROCKS!!!! Topped off with a bonzai run home 125 miles no slower than 90 MPH. Lots of 100- 115. aktion035.gif
J P Stein
Startin' to get pretty serious about this AX stuff Joe? laugh.gif

All these course descriptions I'm getting from you guys today really piss me off. This next weekend I'll do the SCCA both days in the POS South Pits at PIR....iff'n it don't rain.
Iin July we have 2 days in Packwood....a new venue
bout 120 miles North & East.....the real boonies......but a huge chunk of good asphalt (so I'm told).
Joe Ricard
Here's the money shot. just snagged it off the region site
groot
Lookin' good Joe!!

I once did a track day at Buttonwillow followed directly by a night CalClub auto-x. That was a long day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.