Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tools Needed for 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ovation919
Hello,

I am starting in earnest on some projects on my 914. I have a pretty good selection of tools but ran into a couple that I needed for regular maintenance.
So far I need.
Replace rear brake caliper mounting bolts.
19mm wrench to remove calipers
4mm and 6mm long throw hex wrench for piston adjustments.

Is there an existing thread where needed tools are documented?
Firstcar
Get yourself a Hynes manual and if possible a used set of factory service manual reprints- they will list tools. As for special stuff, metric sockets, wrenches will be indispensable, also ext Ned feeler gauges (.006, .008" ) for valve adjustments; a strobe timing light; dwell meter special 10mm offset wrench for distributer mounting bolt for tuneups; an inexpensive voltmeter for electrical troubleshooting, a breaker bar, and impact driver and PB blaster for stubborn bolts. Wor On my way! And good luck with your 914!
Steve
I agree on the Haynes Manual. Also check out Pelican for how to do's. They list all the tools needed per project. Also do a search here on emergency kit or something similar. You will find additional information on what to carry in the car.
914_7T3
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jul 16 2017, 12:53 PM) *

Too Funny!

lol-2.gif

lol-2.gif

lol-2.gif
mepstein
A sense of humor.
Cracker
On a serious note...those Esco stands are a must!!!

Tony
Dave_Darling
M8 triple-square tool for the CV joint bolts. May also be used on a couple of other fasteners.

A set of Allen wrenches for various fasteners on the car.

A decent floor jack, plus good jack stands.

An offset screwdriver (the little ratcheting one Sears carries is great) for valve adjustments and a few other tight spots.

Deep offset box wrench for the jam nuts on the valve adjusting lugs.

--DD
ovation919
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 16 2017, 08:22 PM) *

M8 triple-square tool for the CV joint bolts. May also be used on a couple of other fasteners.

A set of Allen wrenches for various fasteners on the car.

A decent floor jack, plus good jack stands.

An offset screwdriver (the little ratcheting one Sears carries is great) for valve adjustments and a few other tight spots.

Deep offset box wrench for the jam nuts on the valve adjusting lugs.

--DD

This is all good stuff. Thanks, ordering all of them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.