Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 75 Fog Light Wiring Help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
solex
Hi All,
It has been a while since I last posted and of course need some help.

I have an OEM set of fog lights and a switch I cannot seem to find a 'how-to' to wire up the switch.

Also based on the research I did do the white/yellow and the brown are the wires that go to the fog lamps.

Any help with the switch would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan
JeffBowlsby
Try this:
solex
Thanks Jeff, can I assume that the switch goes inline between the headlight switch and the existing relay?
solex
Anyone have an under the dash picture of the switch wiring?
JeffBowlsby
The wiring connections are behind the dash right where the switch mounts. Its in all chassis harnesses except some of the very early cars. You have the hook up schematic above.
914BZH
Hello, please, can you indicate me the reference for these 75-76, I don't to find it...
BOSH...OR/and Porsche...

thanks !!!
JeffBowlsby
A combination of information on the factory wiring schematic and personal experience documenting these cars.
oakdalecurtis
Here's a thought. Power the foglights through their own relay independent of the headlight switch and high beam disconnect. Now you can use them whenever you want without having to pop up your headlights? Why, you ask? I use mine as daytime running lights when I want now. Easy to wire up this way.
solex
As Jeff stated the wires were there ready to hook up.

I installed the switch and turned on the head lights and then the fog lamps. The switch lit up and I checked the voltage at the wires in the the trunk, 12 V, all good.

I then created a two wiring harness for the fog lamps.

I then attempted to install the housings but they did not fit. The mounting bracket seems to short, also a part of the bumper is in the way of the bracket pushing the housing back at an angle. I took a picture of the housings.

The bumpers originally had fog lamps, no cutting was involved.

Any ideas, is it possible that these lamps are not correct?

Thanks,
Dan
solex
Perusing the site and I found this picture.

I do not have the brackets shown in red, are there any other variations that would account for fog lamps in my bumper w/o these brackets?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.