Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT:I win the "battle" for use of the garage !!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
3 car garage, 5 vehicles....of course the 914 and the 911 get stored in the main section...been this while for a few years (mostly cause my previous 914s sat on jackstands)

for the longest time the wife wanted me to clean out the little garage to be able to pull a car in there, namely the 914 so that she could park her Volvo or Hyundia in the main garage....the subject would be brought up about once a month with me groveling about not having enough space for my "stuff"...so we build the workshop and guess what???

still not room....well, at least for me it's not...so finally today, I just told the wife "it's not going to happen, we have too much stuff and I'm going to have to keep the smaller garage section for storage and overflow for my workshop and workbench items...."

of course she knows none of the "stuff" is really hers and finally agrees that to keep me happy, I might as well keep that section of the garage for my stuff....I was so happy I went out and bought 3 48"Wx24"Dx72"T storage shelfs that can are rated for 5000 lbs each......

the way I look at it, most of our neighbors with 3 car garages "might" have one car in thier garage or mostly it seems they have so much cr@p, no cars can fit in there.......I hope this does not cost me too much for getting my way, LOL
scruz914
Mike,

Based on my experience, you will pay. It may not be right away and it may be a little here and a little there, but you will pay.
LvSteveH
The power windows in my wife's car have been out for the last six months..... and she is actually being fairly patient about it considering I took her door panels off four months ago. ph34r.gif

I think they are pretty flexible as long as they are getting something in return.
MecGen
Hi
True story : I owned my 914 and a parts car, with no garage. I found some industrial racking, cut the parts car up, and put it on a shelf, in the basement...
You try to make that fly with the better half.... spank.gif
Never regretted it, overkill on shelves can't happen.
Now I need more shelving for the shop.....
Later
Joe

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.