Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: northeast bbq and tech session
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
injunmort
northeast bbq next date is aug 19 at my place. chime in who can attend.
bretth
Count me in. Bringing chili too.

Brett
Porschef
biggrin.gif bootyshake.gif

drunk.gif KMA.gif piratenanner.gif sheeplove.gif smoke.gif slap.gif stirthepot.gif chair.gif

Ok, I'm in

happy11.gif
rmital
agree.gif
poke.gif sawzall-smiley.gif santa_smiley.gif ar15.gif av-943.gif hissyfit.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif flag.gif
9fourteen14
QUOTE(injunmort @ Jul 18 2017, 11:12 AM) *

northeast bbq next date is aug 19 at my place. chime in who can attend.

i wish i could be there.... but 6 hour ride..... my teener is NOT ready for that
BUT hopefully soon.

iankarr
I'm in!
Porschef
QUOTE(9fourteen14 @ Jul 18 2017, 04:49 PM) *

i wish i could be there.... but 6 hour ride..... my teener is NOT ready for that
BUT hopefully soon.

What does your car need?
9fourteen14
QUOTE(Porschef @ Jul 18 2017, 09:02 PM) *

QUOTE(9fourteen14 @ Jul 18 2017, 04:49 PM) *

BUT hopefully soon.

What does your car need?

welding partial "hell hole". I would like to meet with the locals and run it past them. R_TOWLE invited me once but have not heard from him again. I hope I did not piss him off or say anything to turn him away. I don't think i did but, I would love to meet with them. they are not that far away.

hopefully i will get an invite before 2017 summer is over.

thanx for asking
theer
So, where is Sugarloaf, NY? (Google maps wasn't helpful).

9fourteen14 - where are you located in MA?
rgalla9146
19th not good for me.
2nd miss for me.
Not happy.
rmital
QUOTE(9fourteen14 @ Jul 19 2017, 09:27 AM) *

......R_TOWLE invited me once but have not heard from him again. I hope I did not piss him off or say anything to turn him away. I don't think i did but, I would love to meet with them......

...he's in an eternal state of agitation, so not sure what you could have done to put him off.... confused24.gif
but, he is a real sweetheart once you get to know him flag.gif
injunmort
orange cnty, ny 10918
Tjmrfe
QUOTE(injunmort @ Jul 19 2017, 07:35 AM) *

orange cnty, ny 10918

Will miss you guys again! Loved the first one....I'm due to get back from vacation that day, unlikely I'll be able to scoot over. Thanks Mort. Look forward to another before the snow? Even if I host?
9fourteen14
QUOTE(theer @ Jul 19 2017, 10:00 AM) *

So, where is Sugarloaf, NY? (Google maps wasn't helpful).

9fourteen14 - where are you located in MA?

yes Andover MA
wndsnd
Rich started a new job and has been working in Australia.

He checks in when he can but travels a lot lately.

There are a few of us around the sescoast. I am in Amesbury and can help round up hands if you need anything.
John
AndyB
Meh, I will have to check my schedule and see if I am available that weekend. Oh look I am free, how convenient for me.

beer.gif
injunmort
you better be free
injunmort
okay gents, 6 days til showtime. show of hands so i have enough wonder bread, peanut butter and jelly for all who attend.
Porschef
Only if it's crunchy PB bootyshake.gif
rmital
QUOTE(injunmort @ Aug 14 2017, 07:16 PM) *

okay gents, 6 days til showtime. show of hands so i have enough wonder bread, peanut butter and jelly for all who attend.

I will be traveling from CT, in my versa, with Cali dog.gif
probably get there around 2:30/3ish
injunmort
great ray, see you then. i will eave you some pbj.
joe, i got your chuncks, right here.
Porschef
Nice , Mort, thanks. I knew I could rely on you.

Ray, at least we got to see your car, once... rolleyes.gif
injunmort
av-943.gif
bretth
I'll be there without the Porsche, still tons of cutting and welding to do.

Brett
rmital
QUOTE(Porschef @ Aug 15 2017, 12:52 PM) *

Nice , Mort, thanks. I knew I could rely on you.

Ray, at least we got to see your car, once... rolleyes.gif

the 914 runs and shifts better, has less miles than the Versa.
just not sure Cali would appreciate the ride....maybe I'll drop her off and then attend.
...might make for a more calm afternoon, considering it like jungle habitat up there at Sugar Loaf dog.gif cat.gif monkeydance.gif wolfgang.gif locust.gif dead horse.gif yoda.gif brain.gif burro.gif ricola.gif squirrel.gif
Big Len
Similar to Brett, Linda and I will be there but without the Porsche. Had cutting and welding on my shoulder last Tuesday (rotator), so doc forbid me from driving any manuals for a while. So I parked it and pulled the battery prior to surgery. Sucks.
injunmort
len hope you are feeling better and on the mend, joe is the only 914 that will be attending so far. look forward to seeing everyone saturday
Porschef
If it's pissing rain we might be teenerless, did you count Ian?
injunmort
ammended, weather dependent.
AndyB
Hey I nominate Morts car for this go round. After all the effort he emotional puts into these I believe we should help the douche bag out. He has an exhaust and rims for a month and he still hadn't put them on the car. If it wasn't for his lift I would go elsewhere and give smart ass comments. biggrin.gif
Porschef
Very nice idea. first.gif beerchug.gif
Big Len
Yes, on to Mort's car.
injunmort
you guys are the ginchiest
bretth
Can do it up like 'Pimp my Ride'. Hook up some period correct CRT TVs etc. biggrin.gif

Brett
injunmort
hey we heard you like spoilers... we put a spoiler on your spoiler, on your spoiler dawg
injunmort
two days out, a show of hands cupcakes on attendence
Porschef
Yes I'll be there, teener or not screwy.gif
Big Len
Yes, coming and bringing wings.
iankarr
not looking promising for me this weekend. bummed.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(injunmort @ Aug 17 2017, 06:07 PM) *

Mr. Sullivan
Please forward me your home address.
I've managed to adjust my schedule and will therefore be able to attend your gala event.
I look forward to seeing you and your fellow automobile enthusiasts.
With kindest regards.
Rory Gallagher
PS My stay may be brief as my wife will likely accompany me.
It is also likely that our dog 'Lola' will be along as well.
Porschef
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Aug 18 2017, 05:52 AM) *

Mr. Sullivan
I've managed to adjust my schedule and will therefore be able to attend your gala event.
With kindest regards.
Rory Gallagher

aktion035.gif beerchug.gif

rmital
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Aug 18 2017, 05:52 AM) *

QUOTE(injunmort @ Aug 17 2017, 06:07 PM) *

Mr. Sullivan
With kindest regards.
Rory Gallagher

well....if Rory is bringing Lola, then maybe I will come straight from CT with Cali...it'll be a very interesting gathering.
injunmort
ne bbq and dog show, fenway is here along with my 5
AndyB
Ribs are cooking.
Big Len
Thanks again Mort for hosting. Had a good time as usual.
rgalla9146
Me too !
My way too late ...... 'Thank you' Mort
rmital
QUOTE(Big Len @ Aug 21 2017, 06:32 AM) *

Thanks again Mort for hosting. Had a good time as usual.

...always fun to see all the 914 maniacs. Not sure why he keeps having us back... confused24.gif
Porschef
We actually did some work on Mort's car, for a change. His rear window was rattled loose, hanging on only by the top butyl strip, essentially creating a hinge. So the targa and back pads came out, along with the seats and what not, we got the window out without breaking it, stripped off the old butyl, cleaned up everything nice with acetone and laid a new bead back in there. Cleaned the glass well, and replaced it.

Since it hadn't fallen out by the next morning, we took it as a sign that the repair was a valid one. That allowed it to be deemed a success. beerchug.gif

While there were a couple other things we wanted to do, namely change out his exhaust for one of Chris' beauties, and swap his rims and tires for some Fuchs, these tasks were delayed indefinitely by the over consumption of the plethora of victuals provided by Len, Brett, and our gracious host himself, Mr. Sullivan, in the form of wings, chili, and ribs, respectively. chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif Throwing down some IPA's brought no further ambition, unfortunately...beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif rolleyes.gif

So while it was not as productive a tech session as hoped for, we did meet two new guys, Kieran and Dak, who drove up from the city in a very nice Bahia red car to spend a couple hours. And, in typical fashion, the day was beautiful.

Thanks again Mort sunglasses.gif
bretth
Was great to see you guys again. Sorry I couldn't stay longer. Glad I didn't miss the exhaust install would really like to see how that system comes together. Maybe next time.

Brett
injunmort
thanks to all who attended. a great time with great people as usual. thanks to joe and everyone else who resealed my window. i definitely dont have the patience for the the targa pad. tring to do one more on sept 23.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.