Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Megasquirt upgrade...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
crash914
Hey,

has anyone gone with the MSnS upgrade code on the orginal unit? It looks like I can just upgrade the S19 file and get the functions of the 12 x 12 fuel tables with this code.

Has anyone done this upgrade?

I have some very peaky torque curves so I think that the 12 by resolution will help.

I had to go with some very steep points to stay rich at full throttle.

I don't have my maps here...will uploade when I get home today..thanks
lapuwali
Dozens of people have done so. It's practically the regular code, now. Cruise the MSEFI boards for lots more info than you'll get here. jmscortina on the MSEFI board is the author of the "extra" code, which has the 12x12 tables. efahl is the author of MegaTune (MT), which has an appropriate mode for the "extra" code. The MSEFI board is one of the few places I know that's as helpful as the 914club board, so ask any questions there.
crash914
Thanks! That is what I thought....Now I just have to figure how to down load to the MS......I don't want to re-configure my therm tables....
DNHunt
Herb

Instructions are a bit sketchy but, download the zip file with the version of MSextra you want and unzip it. Download and install the appropriate Megatune file. Copy and paste your inc files to the ame directory as the MSextra was unzipped to. There is a compiler batch program to write a new S19 file. There is also a download batch program to download the new S19 file to the chip. It can all be done in about 2 minutes if the chip wasn't a blank chip. You will need to change a couple of things in the .ini for Megatune but it's really pretty slick.

I'll post some spark and fuel tables for my tired 2.0l tonight.

Dave
DNHunt
Here are those tables. MS&EDIS. 2056 everything else stock. Reqfuel 7.1 with 240cc injectors. VE table
crash914
Dave, trying to get mine uploaded...how did you do the screen shots??
DNHunt
Spark Table
crash914
figured it out....
crash914
dfdsf
crash914
nother
crash914
log with funny spike...
MecGen
HEY
Cool thred, I never seen the MS layout before....
You seem to have a spike in the rpm...looks way too fast to be real, How is your RPM signal connected and to what source?
Does the soft come with 3D grafting ? I better check the site...
Later
Joe

beerchug.gif
crash914
OK, I got it...(the 12 by 12).

I had to get into the megatune .ini file and set it for the msns extra file. works great!

The bad part is that the megatweek doesn't read in the tables automatically...
crash914
my table....
crash914
Sometimes I can be such a dumbass....or so my wife tells me...

I go out at luchtime to tune some more with the larger tables....no dice...WTF??? no TPS signal, no rpm, hmmmmm....

well, I do what any Microsoft programmer would do...re-download the S19 file....hey it works!! lost all my settings though.

anyway, I can get back home and do some more tuning on the way!

This extra version rocks!! my AFR is much better controlled.

can't wait for the track next week!
fiid
Damn - the new MS stuff looks totally great. I can't wait to get to the tuning stage again :-)

The logviewer looks awesome - we should hook an MS up to a brake line pressure sensor, and a steering sensor for track work.... a laptop and GPS and you have full on-track data logging.

lapuwali
QUOTE (fiid @ May 18 2005, 01:41 PM)
Damn - the new MS stuff looks totally great. I can't wait to get to the tuning stage again :-)

The logviewer looks awesome - we should hook an MS up to a brake line pressure sensor, and a steering sensor for track work.... a laptop and GPS and you have full on-track data logging.

I think someone is, in fact, working on GPS data collection. The major downside to all of this is you MUST have a laptop or similar thing in your car at all times when logging. The MS has zero onboard storage for log data. There's some work under way for Palm devices, but it's nowhere near as complete or tidy.
crash914
Yea, it is pretty cool.....

I have something funny going on...When I save a datalog, tweek the Ve table and then call it back in the memory gets corrupted...??

I have to re-download the S19 file. got to get to the msefi board and ask about this...

Other than that it is a lot of fun..the data graph is really neat. you can follow the acceleration right through the gears. All I have to do now is to add my gear ratios in the spreadsheet and instant speed readout...too cool...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.