Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Gaging Interest
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914_7T3
I am looking to replace the 4 Lug Riviera's on my VW with some chromies and would like to pre-sell the Rivieras so they wont be sitting around taking up space.

These rims were on the car when I bought it in 1987 and I have only put 20,000 miles on them over that time. I believe these to be original Rivieras and not EMPI or aftermarket.

They are in very good condition and can use a little polish to remove some light oxidation. These are beautiful looking rims, but I'm looking for a change.

Asking $550 OBO

Local pick up in Sherman Oaks, CA.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Tom_T
Calvinator, those look very nice!

You might want to pull one off to get the actual mfgr. & the offset, since there was a VW offset, & the 914 offset of ET40, to help prospective buyers.

FYI - Those are the later repops, but I can't say whose. The originals don't have that lip for clip-on weights around the outer edge. The originals are all flat, like mine on my 73 914 2L since before I got it from the OO in 1975, in the pic below.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
> Note: Mine are the brushed aluminum finish - not polished like yours, so they always look more downplayed/dull. Those are also the double reversed "r" logo Riviera center-caps, but many broke, got lost or were replaced/upgraded.

Rivieras were very popular in the 70s & 80's as a cost effective & easy way to get a 5-spoke look without having to redrill for 5-lugs.

PS - Yours look like the same cast pot metal center caps that I got & hand painted to put on our `88 Westy aluminum wheels, but the 3 tiny Allen screws were insufficient to hold them on at any speed - so they kept flying off on the freeway around curves - so I took them off & stored them. Very poorly designed, but looked cool painted - my wife loved them on "her Happy Van"!

Click to view attachment

I mention this in case you're planning to transfer them to the new wheels, as they may become dangerous projectiles on the freeway. So watch out with those center caps!

GLWTS! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
porschetub
Tom is correct,had a set of these on my beetle just as in his pic,flat edge on mine and stick on wheel weights,came from Pomona swap meet via a mate who was doing a US parts buy up,think mine were the Porsche offset from memory,certainly pumped out the wheel track,I have always liked these wheels BTW.
Didn't the originals come in 2 widths also ??? hard to remember but think mine were the wider ones.
Tom my friend sure you can answer biggrin.gif .
914_7T3
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 20 2017, 03:07 PM) *

Calvinator, those look very nice!

You might want to pull one off to get the actual mfgr. & the offset, since there was a VW offset, & the 914 offset of ET40, to help prospective buyers.

FYI - Those are the later repops, but I can't say whose. The originals don't have that lip for clip-on weights around the outer edge. The originals are all flat, like mine on my 73 914 2L since before I got it from the OO in 1975, in the pic below.

> Note: Mine are the brushed aluminum finish - not polished like yours, so they always look more downplayed/dull. Those are also the double reversed "r" logo Riviera center-caps, but many broke, got lost or were replaced/upgraded.

Rivieras were very popular in the 70s & 80's as a cost effective & easy way to get a 5-spoke look without having to redrill for 5-lugs.

PS - Yours look like the same cast pot metal center caps that I got & hand painted to put on our `88 Westy aluminum wheels, but the 3 tiny Allen screws were insufficient to hold them on at any speed - so they kept flying off on the freeway around curves - so I took them off & stored them. Very poorly designed, but looked cool painted - my wife loved them on "her Happy Van"!

I mention this in case you're planning to transfer them to the new wheels, as they may become dangerous projectiles on the freeway. So watch out with those center caps!

GLWTS! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

I appreciate the input and will update the post within the next day or so as to the offset and any other info on the inside of the rim. As for the center caps, I affixed them with lock-tite and they have been there ever since.

Tires have a lot of tread life, however they are older than I would like to admit so they will be dismounted and discarded.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.