Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weber part source
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kerrys914
headbang.gif headbang.gif

Not my car....I wish it was.... I found this photo that shows the linkage connected and has the parts I need.

I am mocking up carbs and found out I am missing pieces and have a broken part in my "Complete" set of carb linkage headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif

The shaft the small triangle pices is attached to is sheared and in two pieces now headbang.gif

Also the drop links from the cross-bar to the actual carb linkage are missing. Anyone have the name of these parts and a source? I think the drop links could be DIY'd without any issues (just need the cup'd pieces). Not sure what to do about the pressed in shaft? smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif

Cheers
ArtechnikA
the rods, nuts, and ball sockets are used in many, many Porsches and should be readily available through dealer channels. the droplinks (pushrods) are shown with 'complete' part numbers, but i'd guess that they're available individually from PMO since they sell complete linkage kits.

the shaft doesn't look magic but you hafta wonder how on earth one of those gets broken... anyway - there isn't a separate part number for that, it's shown as part of the manifold. press out the old, find some rod stock of comparable diameter, and decide on a way to retain the 'reverse lever' (that triangle piece). that part rides on two oilite/bronze bushes that are probably the same as the other throttle rod bushes.

you could drill the shaft for a cotter pin at each end to retain the reverse lever if you don't have access to a lathe to groove the end for the circlip the factory used.
slivel
Try PMO. They have a large selection of parts for Webers. http://www.pmocarb.com/index.htm
Kerrys914
Thanks. I think the triangle piece was broke during shipping unsure.gif Since I bought thme last November and really didn't know what the linkage was too look like I didn't notice the broken piece, my bad.

I'll call PMO and see what they say. I think I'll get the needle valve shimms too, just incase I need them.

At this rate I'll have my SIX ready for winter headbang.gif headbang.gif blink.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Kerrys914 @ May 16 2005, 10:41 AM)
Thanks. I think the triangle piece was broke during shipping...

i thought you said the shaft was broken...

the 'triangle piece' shows up on a search at Pelican - $16.28. i'd get a pair of bushes too - Weltmeister makes those now.

bell crank - 901.108.710.00
Kerrys914
My bad wacko.gif

The shaft is what broke. The tringle piece sticks out just asking to be broken off if not packed right, and it was.

I faxed PMO (No e-mail) my needs so we will see what come from it.

Cheers
sixnotfour
PMO ; One stop shopping , beerchug.gif Get that thing running driving.gif

nickg
interco 800 871 3405. they have been importing weber for like 30 years. they are where these other guys buy their parts. I am not sure you can still buy direct, but they are and always will be the biggest weber distributer in the US.
Kerrys914
Thanks.
I ended up welding the Triangle piece back on welder.gif welder.gif welder.gif Doesn't look factory but not too noticable when installed.

PMO only will sell me the whole linkage kit. sad.gif

I still need to order my Push Rods. Anyone have the correct length?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Kerrys914 @ May 19 2005, 11:40 AM)
I ended up welding the Triangle piece back on

I still need to order my Push Rods. Anyone have the correct length?

now i'm even more confused than ever...

first i thought you said the broken part was the 'reversing lever' (901.108.710.00) that's available for about $15. then you said it was the shaft that part rides on, the one that comes from the manifold and is not shown as a separate part. and now you've welded the lever to - something ... ?

the complete pushrods are 901.108.089.00; Pelican shows those for $37 each.
mine measure out to 3,25" center-ball to center-ball.

HTH
ArtechnikA
a pic
Kerrys914
Again my bad biggrin.gif I guess I need to pay attention to my wording wacko.gif

I welded the SHAFT for the triangle piece. (the triangle piece I am talking about connects the throttle rod to the Cross bar linkage and rides on the shaft that broke) The actual shaft is what was broken. The shaft sheared off close to the triangle piece.

The shaft is pressed into the carb manifold and extends out about 2" or so from the manifold and allows the triangle piece to do its job.

I removed the triangle piece and welded the two shafts back together. I then ground the welds down and threw a quick coat of black paint on the shaft. Put everything back together and everything seems to be working good now.

Thanks for the dim's on the the "push-rods"
TimT
I just bought a set of pushrods from PMO, they sold them individually.

Now that I have new ones, my old ones are sure to turn up laugh.gif
Kerrys914
dry.gif

Thanks for the heads up.
Kerrys914
Got a hold of PMO directly and I am all set NOW

GREAT guys and VERY helpful.

Bought some:
Idle Jets
Main Jets
Filter Bases
New shaft
Drop links (Push rods)
Float adjustment tool

aktion035.gif

brant
Hey...
I recognized that picture...

what is the going rate for the jets right now Kerry?
(mains, and idles)

I'm going to need a bunch of parts soon and was just curious about the $

brant
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (brant @ May 20 2005, 06:36 PM)
I'm going to need a bunch of parts soon and was just curious about the $

ad with prices in the current Panorama...

jets $30/set
floats $30
emulsions $42/set
Venturis $84/set

rebuild kits $85/pr

aux venturis $90/set
velocity stacks $90/set

insulator kits: $40

they have a web site but there's not much on it...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.