Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Repairing Front End Damage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aircooledfool
Is there a "standard" for replacing the front clip on a 914? Does it matter if the old front is removed inline with mid point of wheel well or should the cut be make in front of firewall? Thanks in advance for the input. sawzall-smiley.gif
Tom_T
If you get one of those 914 Factory Repair Manuals on CD, that has all of the factory recco'd body cut lines & bracing in the Body section. There are several vendors who sell the CDs in the $30-40 range, which are basically scanned paper manuals. So if you have or have access to a paper manual close to you, same thing.

I think that Auto Atlanta, Stoddard, Sierra Madre Collection, & maybe some others carry the CD manuals.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
914Sixer
I can burn a CD if you need one. I talked to Richard and he has a set of factory manuals.
JeffBowlsby
biggrin.gif I tried to attach a file, but it was too big. Get the FWSM.
Aircooledfool
Thanks everyone. I have a set of factory manuals and will research there.
Front yard mechanic
Show us a picture popcorn[1].gif
bandjoey
QUOTE(Aircooledfool @ Jul 21 2017, 05:43 PM) *

Is there a "standard" for replacing the front clip on a 914? Does it matter if the old front is removed inline with mid point of wheel well or should the cut be make in front of firewall? Thanks in advance for the input. sawzall-smiley.gif

Where in Texas? Also some people here can pull the front end without a clip, plus you don't want to spend a lot of money on a clip and suddenly have the vin number on the wheel well mismatched to the title.

Let then take a look first.

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Aircooledfool
I'm located in Temple/Belton. I'll post some pictures later this week. What shop can pull the front end? Unless the vin tag was covered with bondo when the original front end damage was repaired, I don't think it exist. I'll investigate that further this week.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.