Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Somebody's gonna get burned
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aircooledboy
Looked decent confused24.gif
I thought not a bad looking car, price maybe a little more than it's worth, but looks like it has potential. Then I see burried in the description it says "and some mis-alignment in the body panels (see pics)". Hmmm, that doesn't sound good. I wonder what that means. idea.gif Then I get to the picture of the passenger side door rear gap. ohmy.gif

There are so many little red flags in that description ya can't help but wonder if the seller is laying the ground work for the expected confrontation when the car folds in half on the buyer (i.e "I don't know much about these cars" or no "visable" rust). Me thinks that is going to be one sad newbie when he gets that sucker home. confused24.gif
skline
Yeah, that is not a good sign on that car. If I saw that on a car I would walk away no matter what the cost is. That long is gone!!
Brando
QUOTE (aircooledboy @ May 16 2005, 08:21 AM)
[...] Then I see burried in the description it says "and some mis-alignment in the body panels (see pics)". Hmmm, that doesn't sound good. I wonder what that means. [...]

¿Accidentés? Call 1-800-222-2222!

Sounds like a doozy. that's one I'd give a serious in-person look at, or ask a fellow clubber in the area to check it out for you.
STL914
I saw that also. Those pictures were taken without anyone
in the car. How bad will those panels look with someone of average weight, 175 to 200 lbs(?) sitting in the seat?
Toast
Does the Battery tray look like its tilting toward the engine? unsure.gif

Does it seem like the trunk lid and/or the bumper seem a bit uneven. dry.gif .....or maybe the whole thing! ohmy.gif
redshift
ROFL!

smilie_pokal.gif

Go idiots!

M
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (Brando @ May 16 2005, 08:39 AM)
¿Accidentés? Call 1-800-222-2222!

that's not as funny unless you say
dos, veintidos, veintidos........... veintidos
skline
I emailed the seller with some information about 914's, he stated in the ad he didnt know much about them. He replied back with this.

Scott...thank you for your information. I will check out what you have suggested. However, I do not see any rust below the battery tray, although I have not checked out the jack point....I will do so. Not being familiar with these cars, the misalignment looks to me to be caused by someone hitting the car in the rear and a poor repair. However, I will check as you suggested and if it is as you say, I will remove the auto from auction. I do not wish to misrepresent myself. Thanks again.

At least he is an honest guy, so far. I commend him.
aircooledboy
If he follows through, I will be very impressed. The good guys seem to be outnumbered by the a-holes about 250:1 on Evilbay these days. If he turns out to be a good guy, that would be a very nice suprise. beerchug.gif Hell, I'd even look at his other auctions and try to find something to buy. monkeydance.gif
scruz914
I don't think he is trying to decieve anyone. He did, afterall, include a photo if the misalignment at the door. I would think that if he did know that it was a sign of major rust in the structure and wanted to decieve someone he would not have shown it.

Interesting looking battery tray.
scotty b
unsure.gif Anyone else notice the guys name?? Fubar9??? HMmmmmmm a questionable car being sold by a guy with the screen name FUBAR........ laugh.gif
SpecialK
QUOTE (Toast @ May 16 2005, 11:01 AM)
Does the Battery tray look like its tilting toward the engine? unsure.gif

Maybe because it's made out of hardware store angle stock. blink.gif

That said, I've seen worse "rigging" on a battery tray.
aircooledboy
On May-17-05 at 19:20:43 PDT, seller added the following information:

1)     In response to several peoples' questions, I have re-examined the auto more closely.  There is rust in the floorboard under the driver's seat.  I believe this can be repaired relatively easily, but again, I am not an expert on these cars.  I just don't want any suprises for anyone.

2)   Also, in my opinion, this car is not driveable in it's current state.  The tires are dry rotted and the clutch slips. At the very least, these things will need to be taken care of before being road worthy.  

3) I would urge anyone interested in this vehicle to inspect it before bidding.  I can be reached @ 586-663-6683 to set up a time.

4)  I failed to mention this earlier, but as with all used vehicles, this car is sold AS-IS  WHERE-IS  with no warranty implied or given.  

confused24.gif Doesn't really explain the passenger door problem. My Evilbay skeptisism lives on. bootyshake.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.