Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Inner GT fender liners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mlindner
Well, after 20 years of storage and now five years of cleaning, restoring, painting......I'm fabricating some inner fender liners for my GT Tribute. Not going to have all that junk sprayed back up into those tight places. Fronts mostly done, backs are still being mocked up. When done, outer edges will have rubber seals. The wide inner GT fenders gives the liners lots of support. Will show more pictures of final job. Best, MarkClick to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Gmanscott55
Looks great first.gif

Norskpole
Oh, I like that! shades.gif
jmitro
what material will they be made of?
mlindner
The first two pictures are of the material...1/8 inch Polyethylene plastic purchased from Speedway Motors...used for air dams, body extension, interior panels, splitters etc. The material is perfect for this, comes as a roll 22 inches wide by 10 ft, so unrolled it has a nice natural curve. Comes in many colors. Best, Mark
Cracker
Well done Mark...I have a few star-cracks from throwing some stones on the track. I might look to update my car...

Tony
mlindner
Cracker you are correct...forgot about the stones. This car will be seeing the track again. Back in the 80's, it spent most of its life at Road America (Chicago PCA) events, it was a one lap (4 mile) auto-cross with two chase cars. Lots of 1st Places, great time and Chicago PCA are some of the best people you could ever find. Best, MarkClick to view attachment
Mikey914
Easier if you start from a basic template. We've made the brackets too. Can supply extra material that can bee added. there is a thread on these somewhere.

http://shop.914rubber.com/Fender-liners-se...m?categoryId=-1

Even put on sale for ya!
GeorgeRud
QUOTE(mlindner @ Jul 23 2017, 10:27 AM) *

Cracker you are correct...forgot about the stones. This car will be seeing the track again. Back in the 80's, it spent most of its life at Road America (Chicago PCA) events, it was a one lap (4 mile) auto-cross with two chase cars. Lots of 1st Places, great time and Chicago PCA are some of the best people you could ever find. Best, MarkClick to view attachment

I remember that drawing of the Pagoda and have the same print somewhere ( I'd love to find and frame mine). Bob White's son-in-law made the drawing if I remember correctly.
banananose914
QUOTE(mlindner @ Jul 23 2017, 06:39 AM) *

Well, after 20 years of storage and now five years of cleaning, restoring, painting......I'm fabricating some inner fender liners for my GT Tribute. Not going to have all that junk sprayed back up into those tight places. Fronts mostly done, backs are still being mocked up. When done, outer edges will have rubber seals. The wide inner GT fenders gives the liners lots of support. Will show more pictures of final job. Best, Mark

Nice car, and great set up in the garage.
mlindner
Mikey (The Rubber Man). I did give you a call to see if you had liners for the GT fenders. Yours does cover those deep fender issues, but I was looking for a fully enclosed liner for stones like Cracker mentioned. I'd gladly share any info on mine with you if a product could be developed. Best, Mark
JmuRiz
Very cool stuff...the closer I get to putting my car back together the more something like this makes sense to me.
Mikey914
QUOTE(mlindner @ Jul 24 2017, 04:22 AM) *

Mikey (The Rubber Man). I did give you a call to see if you had liners for the GT fenders. Yours does cover those deep fender issues, but I was looking for a fully enclosed liner for stones like Cracker mentioned. I'd gladly share any info on mine with you if a product could be developed. Best, Mark

Certianly wouldn't mind having an option for those that need then. I can see yours sit a little diferently and due to cooling ducts needed to have a area to accomidate.
My initial idea was to have sets you can scab onto to accomidate your needs, but if you are willing to share a template, we can certianly make a "GT version". I just didn't want to sell an untested product that you might not be happy with.

Mark
Mikey914
And both versions are a good idea. If you have ever tried to get all the mud , stones and debris out of the upper corners, you will appreciate the significance of these.
mmascari
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 23 2017, 01:01 PM) *

Easier if you start from a basic template. We've made the brackets too. Can supply extra material that can bee added. there is a thread on these somewhere.

http://shop.914rubber.com/Fender-liners-se...m?categoryId=-1

Even put on sale for ya!

I am going to buy a set. I can see how the bracket holds it in place on the bottom but is there anything to hold it in place on the top?
Mikey914
These are made to interact with the mounting points for the rocker panels (front and back as well as the front and rear valance mount points. I'm nit near my car to get better pics but Should probably also include the rubber spacers for the rocker panel hardware too.
This should help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.