Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome a New 914 Owner
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
Just picked up my new 914 - thanks to Bondo and CptTripps! Looks solid and should be a fun project! By no means can my project pace keep up with CptTripps torrid pace, but it will be slow and steady (hopefully). Stay tuned for many (potentially dumb) questions. I have been working on 911's for many tears, and VW's before that, so I have a good idea what I am getting into.

Much thanks to CptTripps, who has provided a great education and emotional support through the buying process. beerchug.gif

skline
Oh, so the car was for you? I thought he bought it for himself as a secondary driver. Welcome to the club, I will appologize up front and in advance for all the crazy stupid things that go on in here. Believe half of what you hear and disregard the rest and you will be just fine. Dont take any shit from anyone and always give back what they give to you. Good luck on your project.

markb
Welcome! You've already got a car with a history (if you haven't heard of the "welding at the WCC", I'm sure someone will be happy to fill you in). biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
wavey.gif clap.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif
Allan
wavey.gif Hey I know that car...........
CptTripps
I was just about to 'finish the thread' that someone else started with the welding...looks like Vance beat me to it!

When I was out at WCC, I was looking for me, and also for Vance. I told him that if I found a good deal, I'd bring it home, and give him dibbs on it. This one worked out great, if he didn't want it, I'd have been happy to keep it. Driving it today was a blast. It'll make him a great '1st 914'

BTW: Check out Adobe's new brother!
skline
Interesting black plates where you live. Bet you never get tickets in the mail.
Dead Air
Does "Adobe" sit funny on one side? Or is it just my imagination
scotty914
i think i have seen the under side of that car lol2.gif

welcome to the club, now shut up and go buy some jack stands
GWN7
QUOTE (Dave Eddy @ May 18 2005, 05:05 AM)
Does "Adobe" sit funny on one side? Or is it just my imagination

Both cars sit funny......one is for going around left hand turns and the other right hand turns. wink.gif

The garage floor is built properly. It has a slope away from the middle so crap runs to the footing walls on the outside.

Nice car. I was looking at it @ the WCC05

Hello and Welcome

beerchug.gif
bondo
Glad to see it go to such a good home! Indoor parking even! I was just mentioning to my wide that I missed Adobe. smile.gif But the money I got from it turned into a clutch and flywheel for my LT1 conversion, so it's all good. I need to get cracking on that project, before withdrawl kicks in too hard smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.