Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 16" 5-lug Boxster wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porsche Rescue
I am shopping for 16" Boxster wheels for my six. Love the look on Jim's car below. They are 6's and 7's. I want four the same, don't care which width. Anyone have the same interest? If I find four I want to swap with someone else so we each have four of the same size. Jim has all 7's on his car now. He says 6's on the front require a spacer to bring the wheel out a bit for appearance. I see them go for $300-400 a set on Ebay.
skline
That is the wheel I like the best from the Boxsters, I would love to run those on my next car. Just not ready yet. Anyone know how those would look on a flared car? Would you need the 7's?
Dr Evil
I have seen them advertized as "snow" or "winter" wheels as they are narrower. I like them, too.
Porsche Rescue
I think they are the standard wheel from the early years but many paid extra for optional 17's. They are easy to find because owners are moving up to 17's or 18's for their Boxsters.
Mueller
QUOTE (skline @ May 16 2005, 10:44 AM)
That is the wheel I like the best from the Boxsters, I would love to run those on my next car. Just not ready yet. Anyone know how those would look on a flared car? Would you need the 7's?

I think 7's would be too small on a flared car, at least if it had standard GT flares.........you'd need about a 2" spacer in the front and a 3" spacer in the rear to look halfway decent with GT flares

the 7's have a 40mm offset ("just" about right for the rear, you might want a 5mm spacer)

for the fronts with a 7", a 1" spacer will make it look better....

the 6' has a 50mm offset
Andyrew
7's dont look that bad, as long as you have a spacer to bring it out...

I have 7's all the way around with my flares and they dont look hideous..
Lou W
I would be interested in going with 7s on my car, however, I would need to sell my 5 2.0 stock wheels first. smile.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ May 16 2005, 09:42 AM)
I am shopping for 16" Boxster wheels for my six. Love the look on Jim's car below. They are 6's and 7's. I want four the same, don't care which width. Anyone have the same interest? If I find four I want to swap with someone else so we each have four of the same size. Jim has all 7's on his car now. He says 6's on the front require a spacer to bring the wheel out a bit for appearance. I see them go for $300-400 a set on Ebay.

I would be interested in your fuchs when you find your boxster rims. biggrin.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (Andyrew @ May 16 2005, 01:45 PM)
7's dont look that bad, as long as you have a spacer to bring it out...

I have 7's all the way around with my flares and they dont look hideous..

I should have said, it depends on what type of flare......

your flares are made to fit the wheel/tire combo....

if you already had flares, then you have to make adjustments with spacers to get the wheel/tire combo to fit the flares...

kinda like what comes 1st??

the flares or wider wheels????

with the "correct" offset rim, you can run 5" wide rims and superwide GT flares if you want smile.gif
pjhaun
Here is a picture of my car with chromed Boxster rims. I have 7" in the front and back. In the I have 1 3/4" spacers and in the rear I have 1" spacers. The rear tires are 245X50X16 and the front tires are 205X55X16.
jim912928
PJ....that is one gorgeous car!
airsix
QUOTE (pjhaun @ May 16 2005, 04:13 PM)
Here is a picture of my car with chromed Boxster rims.

Hi Phill! Nice to see you on the board. The 914v6 is looking better than ever. smile.gif

-Ben M.
goose2
Hmmm...I like 'em. I'd be willing to do some swapping to get a matching pair. I've got some 5 lug Fuchs I could trade or sell.
pnewman
I love those boxster rims on the silver 914!!! What 5 lug conversions can you do with the 7" wide and w/ the 6" wide? When would you need spacers? oh yeah no fender flares here. thanks
Porsche Rescue
6x16 with 195/55's on all four, stock fenders.
Goose2 and I did the trade mentioned in the first post. He has the 7's.
marks914
Go with some 17s..

Mark
jim912928
I went with all 7X16's with 205's. No spacers, no fender mods.....perfect offset for the teener!

Allan
I love the Boxter wheels but I don't want to change the original look of the car.

If I could find a set and mount them and drive I'm there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.