Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1976 Rubber Bumper assembly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shandyhaggis
hi all

does anyone have any experience of fitting the metal rear inner bumper to the outer rubber moulding on the 75/76 (rear bumper)?

I dont have any plastic rivets that hold the rubber casing to the steel inner bumper so I drilled some holds and connected them up with plastic cable ties. Not convinced I wont be loosing the outer rubber along a country lane at some point:-) I might have to think of something else more substantial.

Anyway the question is - does the steel inner just get fixed into place by the plastic rivets or do the right and left outer edges somehow get fixed into the rubber? I can see a couple of groves in the rubber outer edges that the steel could fit in but I dont want to force it in and split the casing ifs its not meant to fit that way....

thanks

Andrew
nihil44
Andrew

I am also in need of this info. I have the rubber / plastic outer and the metal support is to arrive in about 2 was. I have no idea how it goes together.

Some pics would be much appreciated.

David
914Sixer
Do on line search for plastic rivets. You should be able to find something close. Late bumper installation is shown in the Haynes Manual Chapter 10.
nihil44
Thanks Mark.

Didn't think to look there
shandyhaggis
I didnt think about trying a different sort of rivet.

just ordered these...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XK4K...=UTF8&psc=1

Fingers crossed they will do the trick
Coondog
This is how I did mine on my 75....................

#1. Take off front and rear bumpers

#2. Remove bumper shocks

#3. Throw UGLY bumpers in Trash

#4. Replace with chrome or stainless steel bumpers

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.