Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Antenna Mounting Template
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
Print it out using regular paper
ConeDodger
Is that "factoryish" Mark? Just for shits and giggles, I just checked and it pretty much matches mine which I assume to be dealer installed...
914Sixer
Yes it was pulled from a factory Blaupunkt speaker installation kit. I had to highlight the edges from water damage.
rgalla9146
Not a template but a good reference.
The hard part is finding the original support bracket that attaches to the hole in the
pinchweld at the rear of the wheelhouse.
I can provide pics if anyone is interested.
Rand
What's an antenna? tongue.gif

Why are people thinking about one now? Never came from the factory. Some dealers did them - that's not a reason to want one, I'd argue it's a reason to NOT want one. With TuneIn, Spotify, IHeartRadio, Pandora, etc., etc., these days, why would you want one today bad enough to cut a hole in your 914 just to get limited range local radio?
rgalla9146
I'm just the messinger
boxsterfan
Seems like there are a lot of other hidden antenna options available vs. cutting a hole in your 914.
Rand
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Jul 24 2017, 05:44 PM) *

Seems like there are a lot of other hidden antenna options available vs. cutting a hole in your 914.

They have infinite options if they don't want to cut a hole. No brainer.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Rand @ Jul 24 2017, 09:47 PM) *

QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Jul 24 2017, 05:44 PM) *

They have infinite options if they don't want to cut a hole. No brainer.

Well... since the hole is already cut in my case, it's interesting that it was probably done with a template. Certainly from a historical POV, I've heard that either side is correct. Looks as if that isn't true. Always looking for information when it comes to the 914. There's no reason to act as if the antenna isn't necessary. There weren't "infinite" options in the 1970's.
914Sixer
The factory did offer the radio antenna installed in the radio preparation option. No drilling and possibility of paint damage. Dealers used this option to install the aftermarket radio.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.