Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More new stuff you didn't know you needed added tape and hold down for wiring harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Been a little busy lately, but first, have a question.
We did the trim for the lower dash, was this also a 6 item? I have an early lower dash that was early. Pretty sure these were also late, I have noticed not all have them.
We will have these listed shortly, Currently cut for the longer early. Will do a GB thread shortly.
Mikey914
New stuff
Chris914n6
I have nothing but lates and pretty sure they all had them.

Might have been part of the Appearance pkg, most of mine had that option too. But the way the wrap was cut tells me they all had them to 'finish' the lower pad.
mepstein
I have 3 early cars. All of them have the chrome trim. I know two of the cars are very original.
Mikey914
Speaking of original. We replicated the grip tubing for the wiring harness. The little fingers that hold down the harness now have correct covers.

Many have used shrink tube, yes it works, but the OEM were a higher gloss level. We have replicated it and made it so it actually has grip. For the CW in all of us as well as a better option. We will be opening up a GB soon. We have the material just need to get listed. Again, just not enough time in the day. Also a few other new grommets we have in some of the pics.

Spent the day with Scott establishing a protocol for the rack rebuild service too and finished a very non 914 rack. Took some time to get correct bearings as they were not the same. Kind of cool.
RickS
Keep the great stuff coming. Enjoyed meeting you at Emory's Campout.

P.S. Don't forget the rear 911 window seals. smile.gif
Luke M
My factory 6 lower dash does have that metal trim as well.
I'm in for the group buy for the harness clamp hold downs and the other misc. grommets for the front trunk. I'll keep track when the group buy starts and will add my info there too.

Thanks,
7TPorsh
My early 4 has the chrome trim too....
Mikey914
Some more
amfab
Oh man, all of this is awesome
Mikey914
And these

Will be part of our weekend mid summer GB blowout! at $12.50
Production is complete.

Actually need to post buy parts 9,11,12,13,and 15 a few hot off the press
Matty900
Still working on getting listings on the site for some of the new products, but there are lots of group buys on sale now
Mikey914
Wiring harness tape added

http://www.shop.914rubber.com/Wiring-cloth...m?categoryId=-1

Same as Matt used in picture.

If you want to refresh your harness you can unwrap, wipe clean, re wrap an put new hold down material to make it look like new!

http://www.shop.914rubber.com/Wirring-hold...er-1-wht1ft.htm
db9146
I am an early adopter of Mark and Matt's wire harness tape and wire harness tie down sleeving and can say that they both work great.

My engine and trunk wire harness had paint all over it from the POs respray so I removed the old harness tape, cleaned all of the wires, made a few repairs, and then used their new tape to wrap it all back up. It looks much better and was worth the effort.

The tie down sleeving material is just the right level glossiness and fits the tie downs well. It stretches just enough that you can cut the diamond shape in the back of the sleeve and slip it over both end of the tie downs. It pulls back in snug against the tie downs.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Two more great products from 914 Rubber!!
Mikey914
GB Blowouts end today
Luke M
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 6 2017, 10:02 AM) *

GB Blowouts end today

Hi Mark,

I see the GB ends today.
Did you look into my question that I pm'd you about?

Thanks,
Elliot Cannon
The concourse types might be a little upset because the harness hold downs look a little shinier than the stock ones. av-943.gif Maybe they were shinier when they were new but... confused24.gif laugh.gif
db9146
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 6 2017, 06:05 PM) *

The concourse types might be a little upset because the harness hold downs look a little shinier than the stock ones. av-943.gif Maybe they were shinier when they were new but... confused24.gif laugh.gif

Okay, okay...you caught me. I polished them up a little. lol-2.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(Luke M @ Aug 6 2017, 02:57 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 6 2017, 10:02 AM) *

GB Blowouts end today

Hi Mark,

I see the GB ends today.
Did you look into my question that I pm'd you about?

Thanks,

Luke, prices are set to be correct on site. There is a drop down menu to select your quantity. The prices will change when the GB ends. It will be ending VERY soon.

Sorry thought I had responded.

Thanks,
Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.