Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Update on my son
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
I figure I'd post this separately (in addition to the main message) since some of us tend not to go back to threads they've already responded to.

Anyway...

Hunter came home today. He is still very uncomfortable so he's taking some Tylenol with Codeine.

We have to judge his pain level from his Pulse Oximeter (pulse, heart rate, and oxygen saturation levels), since he can't really tell us it hurts.

We're all really tired. Mom spent the night up with him at the hospital. I got to sleep last night (but I didn't sleep the night before).

Hunter does have day and night nurses for about 16 hours a day, so we can catch up on sleep over the next few days.

Attached is a picture of him in his spika cast. his legs are connected with a dowel rod that can be removed. When we move him, we have to keep his legs together with... you guessed it... a bungy cord.

Thanks for everyone's concern.

Regards,

Karl
krk
Karl,

Man, it's tough seeing such a cute tyke in such a state. While they prolly don't understand it, it's fortunate we have medical technology to at least try to be helpful. Hope the healing goes well -- and here's a vote for *your* strength too!

kim.
elmonte
Karl

Glad to see Hunter home so soon. Nice pink toes {good circulation}Hope he has a quick
recovery. All our best.
jonwatts
We're glad he seems to have come through the surgery pretty well. Give him a kiss on the forehead for us.

PS - I really like his shirt
thesey914
Karl, It's 2.56 am and my feeble brain is at a loss for words how that picture touches me..............Hope that little cherub is feeling better soon!!
God bless you Hunter.
Aaron Cox
thanx for the update. hope the little guy will have a speedy recovery. give 'im a hug for me wink.gif feel better you guys. get some sleep too cool_shades.gif
Joe Bob
Good stuff.....I remember when my little bro got smacked by a car. He was in a 1/2 spike for 6 months with a broken femur. Not fun.

Give him a hug from all of us. wub.gif
Carl
Karl,
Best wishes and thoughts for Hunter's full recovery.

It's tough on him but it's tougher on the parents to make the decisions about the best treatment for your child then having to carry them out and live with the consequences. BTDT.

You and your wife have my highest respect.

Carl
Scott Carlberg
Karl,
I've been thinking alot about You & your son Hunter.

I also want to send my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

And to make you an offer...

As soon as the little guy (& his dad) are up for it, try to come out
to California, everyone here at 914world.com & our friends at
RoadGlue.com will throw Hunter the best party of his young life.

After his recovery, that would be Awesome.

boldblue.gif smilie_pokal.gif clap56.gif
kafermeister
Hi Karl, I've been away from the list for a few days and am just now reading this. It looks like (from what I've read) that Hunter will be pulling through just fine. Seems like the worst is over. I can't imagine going through that with any of my kids. I know I don't have to tell you that so many of these situations turn out worse.

Thinking of Hunter
Rick Harris
Anton
Karl,
thank you for sharing this main event in your family life. Good to hear that the surgery went well and that the boy is home. flag.gif
I wish Hunter a speedy recovery. Before you know it he will be playing with DinkyToys again... MDB2.gif

Anton
scotty
There is no better sound than hearing the wail of your child in the recovery room. Knowing that your kid survived surgery by hearing this sound before the doc has had a chance to get out to talk to you is priceless.

Glad everything went well, speedy recovery!

Scott
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.