Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bumper conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
puzzled
Hi, what do I need to do to convert a 1976 2.0 rubber bumper (USA spec) car to chrome or painted bumpers? Does the 1975/6 Euro specification cars have steel bumpers as standard and where can I find pictures of the front and rear of of the Euro spec cars. Any information help, thanks.
Mark Henry
Here's a whole How To thread smile.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=225743

BTW you should have asked this in the Garage, this is actually blasphemy in this forum as it's not original.
But since you're a newbie we'll let it slide. wink.gif

welcome.png
gcrotvik
Euro 75-76 cars had the rubber bumpers (BUBs) but no US style bumper shocks. The BUBs attached in the same manner as the 70-74 cars (4 bolts each bumper).
puzzled
QUOTE(puzzled @ Jul 26 2017, 02:47 AM) *

Hi, what do I need to do to convert a 1976 2.0 rubber bumper (USA spec) car to chrome or painted bumpers? Does the 1975/6 Euro specification cars have steel bumpers as standard and where can I find pictures of the front and rear of of the Euro spec cars. Any information help, thanks.

Brilliant, thanks and I'll take your advice and be more careful where I post next time. Kind regards, not so 'Puzzled' now.
puzzled
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Jul 27 2017, 02:09 PM) *

Euro 75-76 cars had the rubber bumpers (BUBs) but no US style bumper shocks. The BUBs attached in the same manner as the 70-74 cars (4 bolts each bumper).

Hi, thanks for the information, what a great forum, I should have joined earlier and saved some sleepless nights. Kind regards, not so 'Puzzled' now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.