Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: My ride with Jim LaMonica in his new I8 BMW
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Okay so no Porsche content other than to say Jim did not sell either his beautiful 914-6 or his Boxster to buy this BMW! I do believe he has a thing for White cars though evilgrin.gif

So ended up in Florence Oregon for work yesterday. Had one of my idiot employee's not show up. So I ended up having to make this trip. Was over doing his work & almost done. When I remembered Jim was in town. So I shot him a text to see if he had lunch yet. He replied I was just sitting down to have lunch. I'll throw this back in the fridge & come meet you biggrin.gif .

A few minutes later Jim comes in. Tell's me he want's to show me his new ride. I follow him out & see this killer looking car. Which I have to admit from the side. I had no idea what it was. Never seen one stationary before & not sure I have seen one besides. So I walk around it admiring it's lines. He opens the doors which are gull wing doors (think that is what they are called). This car is flat out beautiful & has a mean look to it. It is a hybrid with an electric motor powering the front wheels. Then a 1500cc 3 cylinder turbo motor powering the rear (hopefully got that right). After a quick bite we go for a spin around town. 0-60 in 4 seconds he says & I believe it. I was a little pressed for time so it was pretty short ride. We stayed in town & just hit a few spots where I could feel it's power. Man this thing is crazy fast & silky smooth. The amount of electronics & options in this car are astounding. I think it would probably take me a year of driving it & studying the manual. To really know & use all it's features. Has a very throaty growl which I commented on with it being a 3 cylinder car. Jim's smiles & says t is augmented a bit shades.gif . All I know is the seat radar puts you in holy stromberg.gif mode pretty quick. I can't think of a negative thing to say about this car. Other than I could never work on it. I am sure if anything breaks that is also a bill I wouldn't want to foot. LOL!

Anyway it was good to see Jim & figured a few of you might want an update on him. I'm sure he will chime in here as well. Oh & Jim says he is just living the Dream up here in Oregon. All you Cali guys should be jealous because it is beautiful here poke.gif
Coastal6
Thanks for all the kind words Jamie. biggrin.gif
I miss all you So Cal guys but had to get out before I went nutz.
headbang.gif
Best part about the i8 is the whole thing is carbon fiber so I don't have to worry about it rusting away on the coast.
See you at the next 914 event!
Jim
steuspeed
Doug DeMuro review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoojNzIL2cQ
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(six @ Jul 26 2017, 12:28 PM) *

headbang.gif
Best part about the i8 is the whole thing is carbon fiber so I don't have to worry about it rusting away on the coast.
Jim

Yep! I know how stressful Yucca Valley can be. av-943.gif Good to hear from ya Jim. smile.gif
JRust
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 26 2017, 06:25 PM) *

QUOTE(six @ Jul 26 2017, 12:28 PM) *

headbang.gif
Jim

Yep! I know how stressful Yucca Valley can be. av-943.gif Good to hear from ya Jim. smile.gif

Oh I added a little Porsche content. Along with a Picture of Jim's plane for you Elliot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.