Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: E-brake cable bolt/pin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rstover
I searched and could not find the bolt/pin (914 424 571 00). This connets the back of the short cable to the swivel and spring that connect to the long cables. This bolt pin is a bit longer than the one that connects to the brake handle (914 424 571 01). This shorter pin also connects e-brake cables to caliphers.

Deck lid strut bolt/pin (999 166 043 02) will work, but is a little to long. Two 6x10 washers (900 025 004 80) made this the correct length.

Click to view attachment
cary
Contact Eric at PMB if you want the correct length. Nice work doing a work around.
mepstein
QUOTE(cary @ Jul 28 2017, 10:22 AM) *

Contact Eric at PMB if you want the correct length.

Yep. I forgot to get a bunch of them last time I ordered from Eric.
rstover
I believe I did, he had plenty of the shorter ones that go to the caliphers and brake handle these end in 01. I searched for the longer (00) pin on Stoddard, Peligan, AA and others but did not find the longer one. I could not find that the longer (00) pin was used on any othr cars or any other place on the 914.
mepstein
I think the early cars used a short pin and no spring. The later cars had an additional piece to hold the spring so the pin is longer. I wonder if its the same length as a door hinge pin.
rstover
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 28 2017, 02:06 PM) *

I think the early cars used a short pin and no spring. The later cars had an additional piece to hold the spring so the pin is longer. I wonder if its the same length as a door hinge pin.

It is close but it has a cotter pin fastner instead of clip. The 356 pins seemed to all have cotter pin fasteners. Some of these may have worked.
rstover

It is close but it has a cotter pin fastner instead of clip. The 356 pins seemed to all have cotter pin fasteners. Some of these may have worked.
mepstein
QUOTE(rstover @ Jul 28 2017, 04:33 PM) *

I meant the early 914's.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.