Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: probably stupid question or two
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hndyhrr
Click to view attachment

how do i get this spacer/bumper thing off? It is from the fuel pump. I am relocating the pump to the front of car.

Also when buying wire to extend the electric wire do i need to buy a bigger gauge wire than what is connected to fuel pump electric plug, to accommodate the longer run?

thanks

Renee
bbrock
I'm not sure how to get those off, but you can buy either the exact same thing or very similar through McMaster-Carr fairly cheaply. Search for anti vibration mounts or something similar.
GeorgeRud
There's a nut on the other side of the sheet metal, but if it's stuck, just leave them. These rubber mounts are widely available so new ones wouldn't be a bad idea.
Spoke
QUOTE(hndyhrr @ Jul 26 2017, 10:21 PM) *

Also when buying wire to extend the electric wire do i need to buy a bigger gauge wire than what is connected to fuel pump electric plug, to accommodate the longer run?

I ran 16ga extension cord type cable purchased at Home Depot; worked fine in my car.

A resistance calculator on Cirrus Systems online gives 0.04 ohm for 10 foot of 16ga wire. If you run pos and ground, that would be 0.08 ohm. Ground can be local chassis ground requiring only one wire. Assuming 5 amperes for the motor, the voltage drop on a single wire 16ga is 0.4V and should be negligible in operation.

12ga wire will cut the voltage drop in half.
Spoke
I didn't have the rubber isolators from the original configuration so I made my own with rubber connectors from Home Depot for connecting different size PVC and some hose clamps.
cary
Give the nuts on the backside an overnight dose of PB Blaster.
Might break them lose, but usually not. Vice grips on the rubber side. Make sure you get a bite on the plate. If the nut doesnt budge either snap off the stud or leave them there and buy ones.
My .02c for the am. BTDT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.