Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sail Panel Trim Removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
I am removing the AL trim adjacent to the sail panel that faces the rear of the car. How do I remove the fastener holding the bottom part on? I can see the opposite side of the fastener, but cannot make what kind it is - too much crap on it? Did not want to get in there if I did not have to!
SLITS
Scrape the crap off....it's a 7mm hex nut....1/4 drive rachett, LONG extension...take the wheel off too!
double-a
agree.gif

yes, it's a lot of work for one little bolt...
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (double-a @ May 16 2005, 05:43 PM)
yes, it's a lot of work for one little bolt...

now try it with a /6, where the oil tank is in the way ...
Porsche Rescue
After removing the screw at the top, you can press firmly with the palm of your hand on top of the trim directly above the clip you are talking about and push/slide it to the rear. It will slide off the clip after moving about an inch. This does not always work but usually does. It is not an easy slide because there is often some "dum dum" in there. You can install by reversing the process.
vesnyder
Porsche Rescue - Thanks. I knew there had to be an easier way. Gave it a try and it slid right off. You da man!
CptTripps
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ May 16 2005, 08:32 PM)
After removing the screw at the top, you can press firmly with the palm of your hand on top of the trim directly above the clip you are talking about and push/slide it to the rear. It will slide off the clip after moving about an inch. This does not always work but usually does. It is not an easy slide because there is often some "dum dum" in there. You can install by reversing the process.

That's what I did....then it's easier to get the clip off and scrape the crap off for re-installation.

If I had to do it over again...I'd delete all that trim. Cut the seams off and weld the stitch. That looks *WAY* cooler IMHO.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.