Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unobtanium Open House Sept. 2nd
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Unobtanium-inc
The time has come once again for all Porsches to gather in Ravena, NY and eat great free food from the World Famous Yanni's food truck. Come, bring your Porsche, bring your friends, and bring your smiles. Hope to see everyone there!
porschetub
HHHHHmmmmm,so this is a 914 forum,the 904 build has dropped like a lead balloon so your point ....just saying.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(porschetub @ Jul 26 2017, 09:27 PM) *

HHHHHmmmmm,so this is a 914 forum,the 904 build has dropped like a lead balloon so your point ....just saying.

What are "just saying." That I don't like 914's? You might have to explain that to all the Boxster guys at the last autocross who said, "I gotta get me one of those." After they saw how much more fun I was having and the times I was turning. This was a few weeks ago. So please explain what you are "just saying"
That I can't invite other 914 guys to my open house, a bunch showed up last time and had a great time. Or are you saying because a few angry guys didn't like my build I shouldn't post here, even though I've been posting here almost 10 years longer than you. Yeah, I bet you are now re-thinking whatever you were "just saying."
bretth
I'll be there. Whether or not my 914 will make it remains to be seen.

Brett
mbseto
Your shop looks wild, I wish I was closer.
jd74914
agree.gif Already busy that weekend and a little too far to sneak away. wacko.gif
jor
Too far for us Californians, but I would have loved to attend. Really, just to see that collection of old 356s!
SirAndy
QUOTE(porschetub @ Jul 26 2017, 10:27 PM) *
HHHHHmmmmm,so this is a 914 forum

There IS a 914 on that flyer (twice) ...
shades.gif
bandjoey
wish i could come...just too far. biggrin.gif
i also vote that anyone from new Zealand or anyone else dragging up the old 904 story be given a 30 day time out.
Elliot Cannon
Sure wish I could be there....just saying.
Montreal914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 27 2017, 10:03 AM) *

shades.gif

I counted 4 biggrin.gif
11tenths
The 'World needs more attitudes like these "What- me worry?" guys have.

If I were closer I'd be crackin beers with them Sat afternoons.

beerchug.gif

Cheers- Harry
Steve
If I was closer, I would be there!!
krazykonrad
Sounds like a great time. If Cherokee County, Ga gets any closer to upstate NY, I'll be there!

beerchug.gif

Konrad
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(krazykonrad @ Jul 28 2017, 03:52 PM) *

Sounds like a great time. If Cherokee County, Ga gets any closer to upstate NY, I'll be there!

beerchug.gif

Konrad

I remember growing up in Atlanta Cherokee County was a school field trip, pack a lunch. I'm sure it's quite civilized now.
You should caravan up with the TN guys.
carr914
the Admins need to know that you obtained my email address and spammed me for your Fuching event!

You know that I think you a scumbag and I would have never volunteered my address to you!

finger.gif
Unobtanium-inc
I would rather be thought of as a scumbag by one guy than be known as a dick to everybody, which I think in your case, the name fits. I've gotten several emails saying to not mind you, you're just a dick, all day every day, and these are people in your 914 community.
As far as your email, I'm assuming you are in fact T.C. Davis, if this is in fact you, then you were trying to sell me a car. Here is the email.
People who don't want emails shouldn't send emails, maybe go hug your land line, or crawl into a hole where you won't be bothered, but don't complain to me. Dick!
Elliot Cannon
OK boys, knock this shit off or there will be fire and fury, the likes of which the world has never known!! poke.gif ar15.gif chair.gif
Unobtanium-inc
In addition to all the usual cool stuff to see at Unobtanium this year you can also check out my personal projects, the 904 and the 550 Spyder in Aluminum.

Hope to see everyone there!

---Adam
Unobtanium-inc
If anyone is still on the fence about coming you should check out the weather report, it gets no nicer than this! With winter coming this might be the last good drive of the season, and when you leave our place you can head over to Lime Rock and watch the Historics, make a weekend out of it!

---Adam

jmitro
the weather looks perfect and I would love to see a handmade aluminum 550!

too bad I live so far away...
Unobtanium-inc
We will be giving rides on the Unobtanium Rickshaw at the open house, please remember to tip your driver!

See ya there!!!

Unobtanium-inc
Here are some shots from the set-up, the juxtaposition of the old vs the new will be a good talking point for people when they arrive. Not often you get to so Porsches so old next to ones that are brand spanking new, courtesy of Porsche of Clifton Park.

Hope to see everyone there, the weather is supposed to be perfect, low 70s and sunny.
Unobtanium-inc
The Open House went great today, we had so many cars the cops shut down the street for us! The weather was perfect and the food truck ran out of food. A better day could not have been had.
Can't wait for next year!

---Adam
Unobtanium-inc
More pics.
Unobtanium-inc
A few more.
Unobtanium-inc
A few more.
bandjoey
When I win the lotto I'll buy plane tickets and come up. Until the, great pictures!
Unobtanium-inc
For those that missed the Open House this year, we made a video.

https://youtu.be/2uFcA0RxLmo

See ya next year!
bretth
Nicely done. Was a great time as usual.

Brett
Woodside914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 27 2017, 10:03 AM) *

shades.gif

There's an old Yeller tucked in the shop, too....

I like this photo. Nothing like original patina!

Click to view attachment
Big Len
No 914's in the video. Did any show up?
ClayPerrine
I should have grabbed Al and we both could have come up just to harass you.....

Clay
bretth
I believe there was at least two 914s there not counting Adam's. Hopefully mine will be there next year. Was a 928 and plenty 356 912 911 etc.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 6 2017, 10:34 AM) *

Clay

If you bring Al, make sure to grab this off his office wall, I love that plaque!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Oct 6 2017, 06:23 PM) *

Clay

If you bring Al, make sure to grab this off his office wall, I love that plaque!

Did you know that my wife and I gave him that for his birthday a few years ago.

It's his favorite saying, usually said about the really expensive cars.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 6 2017, 05:05 PM) *

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Oct 6 2017, 06:23 PM) *

Clay

Did you know that my wife and I gave him that for his birthday a few years ago.

It's his favorite saying, usually said about the really expensive cars.

I didn't know where he got it, but it's funny!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.