Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Horn Grill Screws
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TM_Corey
Can anyone tell me what the standard non-foglight horn grill screw size is?

I see the fog-light grill kits come with clips and screws, do the non-fog light grills need the clips also?

I was hoping to just find them local at a hardware store.
gms
The clips go on/into the bumper so yes. If you have the bumper and the non-fog lite grills just find a screw that fits thru the 4 corners of the grill then get a Self Tapping Screws Spring clip that the screws fit in.

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
They are tinnerman nuts. You can get easily at any ACE hardware store.

Just curious? Fog light grills come with screws? I had not included but maybe I should. Perhaps stainless?

Mark
Tom_T
TM - same-same screws & speednuts/clips on all grills, whether with or without foglights.

Mark - that would be a great idea to include SS screws & (SS?) speednuts/clips with your repro grills! Ditto for an other of your parts where the mounting hardware is required. You could make it an option with or without hardware, like you did with your repro engine lid raintrays.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Mikey914
Yes I usually do. Looks like I'll track down some and do a GB! biggrin.gif With Grills !
7TPorsh
Always wondered....did the black grills have black screws?
Mikey914
In sure I could do black zinc
914Sixer
No black screws with black grill.
TM_Corey
Follow up question.

Anyone know what size the screws should be? Thread pitch and OAL?
TM_Corey
Just noticed above that self tapping was recommended. So I'm guessing the clips aren't threaded.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.