Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cairo's (Michael) 6 - Part 2
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
Cairo94507
Photo of my Six being spit roasted:
Click to view attachment
Parts back from blasting.
Cairo94507
grouphug.gif
Progress pics.
Received the rear valence today from rangrbob. Excellent piece in great condition. biggrin.gif
Cairo94507
That is a very nice looking original Six valance. Definitely going on my car. Thanks Karl (rangrbob). Great picture- thanks for posting that Kent.
More pics. Tuning up the underside.
Cairo94507
popcorn[1].gif
mb911
Looking good. I am working on similar items on my car right now and most people have no idea how long it takes to correct these little things..

burton73
Those little things go on and on and when done correctly you will have a car that is finished in some ways better than new.
A true work of ART

Bob B
piratenanner.gif
More pics.
More pics.
Created the drain channels in the panel then made the flange that comes down over them...also located and welded in the nut for the rocker cover.
Cairo94507
popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
Progress pic.
Cairo94507
Now it's starting to look like a nice straight pan. smilie_pokal.gif
Larmo63
Kent must be a reincarnated 914 factory body worker. He seems to know these cars pretty intimately.

Looks great!!

beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
Thanks Larmo63 for checking on my build progress. I can't emphasize enough how happy I am with my Six being in the hands of Kent, Andy and Jim. I feel very fortunate.
stevegm
It looks like it’s coming along very nicely.
nine11speedster
its always pleasing to see great progress! Looking good Michael!
Cairo94507
beerchug.gif
Been cleaning and straightening up the bottom of the car. Lots of little things. Should get a few parts I need from Restoration Design this week. Getting close to sealing the underside.
mb911
Michael car is looking awesome. Any way you could measure the bottom of the floor pan to the top of the engine mount for me? I know I am jumping in on this thread but I would love to get a real six measurements..

Keep up the great work..
QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 19 2017, 03:30 PM) *

Michael car is looking awesome. Any way you could measure the bottom of the floor pan to the top of the engine mount for me? I know I am jumping in on this thread but I would love to get a real six measurements..

Keep up the great work..

Hard to see but it measures 8.5". The second measurement is aprox. 2.25" and is from the top of the engine mount to the engine tray where the seal seats. Hope this is what you were looking for. Do the conversion for metric if needed.
mb911
Perfect.. Thanks.
Still chipping away at the stone. Eyes are finaly starting to recover from LASIK...it's been miserable. A couple of drops in each eye and the next day your back to work is extremely misleading.
mb911
Looking great and thanks for the help on the measurements. I installed my mount 2 days ago..

Keep up the great work..
Cairo94507
Yeah Kent, getting older is not for the faint of heart.... BTW, excellent work- love seeing progress pictures. I know you have done more, but are shy about posting pictures. beerchug.gif
Pulled area on lower long.
Pic.
Cairo94507
popcorn[1].gif beerchug.gif
mb911
I wish my Frankenstein car would have been this clean to start with.. Looks great.
Cairo94507
HI Ben- You did see my thread (Part 1) from the beginning, right? biggrin.gif
mb911
Oops just looked it up yes I recall it now.. I guess yours was rough to start with..
raynekat
Lot of metalwork going on with some of our cars...
Nice to be getting these back in tip top shape.
Well done.
Cairo94507
beerchug.gif
gcrotvik
QUOTE(914350 @ Sep 19 2017, 05:04 PM) *

Keep up the great work..

Hard to see but it measures 8.5". The second measurement is aprox. 2.25" and is from the top of the engine mount to the engine tray where the seal seats. Hope this is what you were looking for. Do the conversion for metric if needed.

Could you provide one more measurement? I have an aftermarket mount that I purchased from Mittlemotor GmbH and I'd like to confirm the distance from the firewall to the center of the rubber mount hole. See the picture below. And, THANK YOU!

Greg
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Oct 9 2017, 12:30 PM) *

Keep up the great work..

Could you provide one more measurement? I have an aftermarket mount that I purchased from Mittlemotor GmbH and I'd like to confirm the distance from the firewall to the center of the rubber mount hole. See the picture below. And, THANK YOU!

Greg

Here you go.
Pic of damage to new trunk floor section that was damaged during transport...fixed.
More pics.
Pic.
porschetub
QUOTE(mb911 @ Oct 9 2017, 01:52 AM) *

Oops just looked it up yes I recall it now.. I guess yours was rough to start with..

Funny went the same way over a coffee or 2 this morning it was a rough car....look @ it now w00t.gif w00t.gif .
wndsnd
It is amazing the progress on this car.

Progress, and what looks to be very high quality of work.

beerchug.gif

Love checking in on this...
Cairo94507
I am heading to Torrance this weekend to see Kent, Jim, Andy and my Six. I am excited to see the progress Kent is making. Additionally, I know Jim has been busy working on components so when it comes time for assembly, we just unwrap them and install them. I am overjoyed with the progress being made as well as the quality of the work. I eagerly look forward to Kent being able to just get to the body work and paint.

I am so ready for the metal work to be over. Seems like I have been waiting for that for 5 years...oh wait, I have! Of course that was not with Kent - Kent has jumped on my car and been busy getting things right. Thank you Kent. pray.gif
gcrotvik
QUOTE(914350 @ Oct 9 2017, 04:12 PM) *

QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Oct 9 2017, 12:30 PM) *

Keep up the great work..

Greg

Here you go.

Thank you!
mepstein
Michael - I can guarantee you will like the 3.2 in that car.
Just one suggestion. Try to fit the wheels and tires on the car before paint.
My clearances are tight and I’m using 6” wheels with 205x60x15 tires and it’s close.
Progress pics.
raynekat
Looks nice and straight and clean and free of rust, etc.
Definitely progressing along nicely.
Cairo94507
smilie_pokal.gif Wow! I can't wait to see that in person. I have waited a long time to see the bottom of this car looking that nice. beerchug.gif Nice work Kent.
Blue6
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Oct 11 2017, 03:18 PM) *

smilie_pokal.gif Wow! I can't wait to see that in person. I have waited a long time to see the bottom of this car looking that nice. beerchug.gif Nice work Kent.

Apparently so has Kent. Now that he's had his eyes fixed he can see what he's working on. We thought Jims car turned great. Can't imagine yours now that Kent can see... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.