Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cairo's (Michael) 6 - Part 2
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
jmalone
Too funny about the time! Truly a good omen beerchug.gif
horizontally-opposed
Oh dear... wub.gif

My 185/70s days may be numbered. Always did like the way my car drove on 205/55...
DRPHIL914
i have 205/55-16, so the 205/55-15 a bit smaller than stock yes?
Cairo94507
I believe so. Not sure how much smaller. I would have preferred to stay with a stock height tire- it's just very hard to find a decent tire for 15"x7" wheels.
mepstein
For what you paid and your limited choices, it all looks good. If the "perfect" tire becomes available, find a set of cookies for these tires. Never hurts to have a second set of wheels.
ablesnead
In DOT summer tires thread wear 200 , 15's have a really good tire selection , much better that 16's....I get reasonable wear out of them , with track like traction...reasonable is subjective of course....
Socalandy
Progress biggrin.gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
icon_bump.gif
Socalandy
aktion035.gif
Socalandy
shades.gif
Socalandy
bye1.gif
Socalandy
bye1.gif
Socalandy
shades.gif
Socalandy
aktion035.gif
Socalandy
smile.gif
Socalandy
icon_bump.gif
Socalandy
popcorn[1].gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
bye1.gif
Socalandy
Goodnight yellowsleep[1].gif
horizontally-opposed
When I grow up, I am sending my 914 to Andy.

Nice work... chowtime.gif
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Feb 24 2019, 07:57 PM) *

bye1.gif

wow! 3 of Kent’s metal workmanship! Andy’s, Jim’s and Mike’s!
And for detailed and beautiful parts and assembly, Jim and Andy are the best with some help from other local members!

Click to view attachment
Blue6
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Feb 24 2019, 08:33 PM) *

QUOTE(Socalandy @ Feb 24 2019, 07:57 PM) *

bye1.gif

wow! 3 of Kent’s workmanship! Andy’s, Jim’s and Mike’s!

Click to view attachment

Kent, another outstanding job. Michael, I’m glad luck and good fortune has finally come your way. The boys will have it together in no time. I’ll check up on them from time to time and keep them working... smile.gif
Cairo94507
OMG! That is just crazy! You guys are rolling right along. I can't wait until I see it on Saturday. Seeing all the stuff go on is amazing. I especially like the vinyl on the back heated glass. The oil cooler lines, headlight motors, taillights, rear bumper, all look great. beerchug.gif
sixnotfour
trying to figure, whats the next 914-6 color
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 25 2019, 11:11 AM) *

trying to figure, whats the next 914-6 color

Not enough Aubergine or very dark blue cars out there…
lalee914
As part of my 914-6 advertising history web site, I have collected photos of a large number of 914/6s. A few years ago, I did some surveys of those photos. At the following link there is a small analysis of the distribution of colors.

http://p914-6info.net/Odd_Statistics.htm

There are also other analysis of things like how many cars have fender flares and how many are street cars vs track prepared cars and a guess as to how many might be left.
Ferg
pray.gif
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(lalee914 @ Feb 25 2019, 01:05 PM) *

As part of my 914-6 advertising history web site, I have collected photos of a large number of 914/6s. A few years ago, I did some surveys of those photos. At the following link there is a small analysis of the distribution of colors.

http://p914-6info.net/Odd_Statistics.htm

There are also other analysis of things like how many cars have fender flares and how many are street cars vs track prepared cars and a guess as to how many might be left.

^ Thanks for the link! Would have not guessed red would be that popular on the six, or that it was more popular than orange....or that white was more common than orange, or that green was quite so rare.

And then there's the rest of the info…
Cairo94507
Just an update photo:

Click to view attachment
billh1963
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
DRPHIL914
looking great!!!!

what did you use for adhesive for the sail panel trim?
rktmn247
Just Beautiful! Great job!
wndsnd
Very Sweet!
Cairo94507
I have USA rear lenses, but after seeing Jim's Euro lens on the rear, I will need a set of Euros. They look great with the dark color. If anyone has a cherry set of Euros and they want to trade for a cherry set of USA rears, hit me up. beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
I hope you can tell, but the paint..... it looks like you can put your hand a foot deep into it. Kent's work is crazy perfect. smilie_pokal.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Mar 2 2019, 10:56 PM) *

I have USA rear lenses, but after seeing Jim's Euro lens on the rear, I will need a set of Euros. They look great with the dark color. If anyone has a cherry set of Euros and they want to trade for a cherry set of USA rears, hit me up. beerchug.gif

I have a set of the aftermarket Sierra Madre Euro lenses, never been mounted, still in the original shipping box. So not NOS Hella but very very nice.
LMK of interested
KELTY360
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Mar 2 2019, 07:58 PM) *

I hope you can tell, but the paint..... it looks like you can put your hand a foot deep into it. Kent's work is crazy perfect. smilie_pokal.gif

I remember the Sunflower Yellow paint on my new '73......so deep I felt like I could walk right into the door.
billh1963
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Mar 2 2019, 10:58 PM) *

The virtually distortion free reflection of the clocks on the rear trunk lid tell the story...beautiful! beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
Went down to see Jim, Andy and Kent. Words fail me...... my car looks better than I could have ever imagined. Kent is the Man when it comes to all things body and paint. pray.gif

Click to view attachment
Socalandy
The team was at it again aktion035.gif
Socalandy
smile.gif
Socalandy
icon_bump.gif
Socalandy
bye1.gif
Socalandy
shades.gif
Socalandy
popcorn[1].gif
Socalandy
rolleyes.gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.