Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cairo's (Michael) 6 - Part 2
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
76-914
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Apr 30 2019, 02:02 PM) *

Dash switch bezel tool. Prevents fear of nasty gouges.

The car is fantastic.

i

This is a tool that should be 3D printed and sold. I've always used a notched 1/4" washer but any metal tool that slips will scar the bezel.
Question: has Porsche contacted you about "Gracing the Green" at Amelia yet? Can I park my Subaru conversion next to your car one time? I want to see if your car pukes! av-943.gif lol-2.gif
Chi-town
I supplied these! biggrin.gif

Car looks amazing!

IPB Image
rgalla9146
QUOTE(76-914 @ May 1 2019, 09:44 AM) *

QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Apr 30 2019, 02:02 PM) *

Dash switch bezel tool. Prevents fear of nasty gouges.

The car is fantastic.

This is a tool that should be 3D printed and sold. I've always used a notched 1/4" washer but any metal tool that slips will scar the bezel.
Question: has Porsche contacted you about "Gracing the Green" at Amelia yet? Can I park my Subaru conversion next to your car one time? I want to see if your car pukes! av-943.gif lol-2.gif

Mine is an antique. Heyco Germany 10,000V Foreign
The other one is marked Snap-On S5908
One sold on Ebay in 2015 for $30.

sixnotfour
matra vw p 674/1 ebay $20 portland ore..sold
maf914
Aircooled.net has a dash switch escutcheon tool for $22.95. If you must have Snap-On, or rgalla9146's antique Heyco, you may be out of luck. laugh.gif

Or make your own tool. idea.gif

http://vwparts.aircooled.net/Dash-Switch-E...tcheon-tool.htm
billh1963
Anything new?
Cairo94507
I am going down to see the crew on June 8th and then going to WCR for the day. At least that's the plan. I may have some pictures when I get home. beerchug.gif
sb914
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ May 18 2019, 03:19 PM) *

I am going down to see the crew on June 8th and then going to WCR for the day. At least that's the plan. I may have some pictures when I get home. beerchug.gif

Sounds like a reveal party to me! irish914.jpg
Larmo63
You need guys who can build cars faster..... bootyshake.gif

We wanted to see this ripping around the 2019 WCR!!!!
Cairo94507
No, it's not a reveal party. The engine is not in the car yet. I am going down just to see progress and then we are going to WCR to check it out. beerchug.gif
Chi-town
I stopped by yesterday to drop off some stuff for Jim for you.

Car looks absolutely amazing! They are doing a great job with it.

btw- let me know what you want for the "deep 7's" if you don't end up trading them
Cairo94507
I really appreciate that. I will be speaking with Harvey this week to see if they will be available or not. Thanks again. beerchug.gif
Socalandy
Progress pics biggrin.gif
Socalandy
smile.gif
Socalandy
icon_bump.gif
Socalandy
All the fresh air and heat system in and adjusted. Ready to drop in the gas tank to complete the front trunk aktion035.gif
sixnotfour
Lookin Goood....
btw- let me know what you want for the "deep 7's" if you don't end up trading them

uhoh,,,new wheel plan ??? do tell
Socalandy
Previously installed oil line mounting points didn’t cut it so new nut certs installed biggrin.gif
Socalandy
popcorn[1].gif
Socalandy
Seal tracks and factory main Targa seal
Socalandy
flag.gif
Socalandy
Reassembly and ready for seats
Socalandy
icon_bump.gif
Socalandy
rear window defrost wires connected and ready for back pad
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
Until next Sunday bye1.gif
Cairo94507
You guys are the best. Thanks for all of the hard work and expertise. I can't wait until 6/8 when I get to see it in person. beerchug.gif
gereed75
That is one of the best paint jobs I have ever seen. it just gets better every time you post.
burton73
QUOTE(gereed75 @ May 21 2019, 01:41 PM) *

That is one of the best paint jobs I have ever seen. it just gets better every time you post.

agree.gif Sweet paint and sweet everything

Bob B
Cairo94507
popcorn[1].gif
Socalandy
Another productive day
Socalandy
Another productive day
914_7T3
Wowza!!!

smilie_pokal.gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
smash.gif
Socalandy
smile.gif
Socalandy
aktion035.gif
Socalandy
icon_bump.gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
flag.gif
Socalandy
sunglasses.gif
Socalandy
drooley.gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
shades.gif
Socalandy
Front truck close to finished
Socalandy
w00t.gif
Socalandy
Finally, interior started
Socalandy
icon_bump.gif
Socalandy
aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.