Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cairo's (Michael) 6 - Part 2
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
Socalandy
blink.gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
Won’t be long now driving.gif
Socalandy
Long day and lots done!!!

Until next weekend yellowsleep[1].gif
siverson
Will this be at the WCR?
Socalandy
I don’t think so, still waiting on the leather interior pieces and a few other items and the engine and trans still needs to be installed. We’ve talked about it but not worth rushing and sacrifice quality
Cairo94507
Everything looks terrific Andy; thanks for posting pictures for all to enjoy. Thank you Jim, Andy, Kent and Bob for doing exactly what you said you would do and how you said you would do it. These guys are absolutely the real deal. beerchug.gif
Socalandy
Another day of progress, the end is near biggrin.gif
Socalandy
icon_bump.gif
Socalandy
smile.gif
Socalandy
popcorn[1].gif
Socalandy
rolleyes.gif
Socalandy
aktion035.gif
Socalandy
shades.gif
Socalandy
cheer.gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
smile.gif
Socalandy
popcorn[1].gif
Socalandy
icon_bump.gif
Socalandy
bye1.gif
Socalandy
yellowsleep[1].gif
Socalandy
Goodnight
bulitt
Incredible smilie_pokal.gif
tygaboy
Well, I'd have lost the bet if I'd put money on never spending time looking enviously at a picture of a door sill cover or an antenna.

And I'm coining a new phrase: "Over the top of the top!" smilie_pokal.gif pray.gif wub.gif

Michael, I simply can't imagine how thrilled you must be. Cudos and much respect to Kent, Andy and the others on the build team. Just WOW!
Cairo94507
w00t.gif Looking good guys. beerchug.gif
raynekat
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jun 3 2019, 05:51 AM) *

w00t.gif Looking good guys. beerchug.gif

I'd edit that to: "AWESOME LOOKING!!!!"
biggrin.gif
Biggles
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Jun 3 2019, 05:44 AM) *

biggrin.gif

I don't recognise that cover plate over the handbrake cable. What's the part number for this and what years were these on?
Cairo94507
Well I can tell you it came stock on the '71 914-6. Here it is on my car right after I bought it. It hard to see in all of the oil and crud that was pooled behind the seat. Hard to believe that is the same area.

Click to view attachment
76-914
There is another saying that I've heard a thousand times but in truth I believe this might be the first time it rings true; Better than new! beerchug.gif
Socalandy
Father’s Day action...
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
shades.gif
Socalandy
popcorn[1].gif
Socalandy
smash.gif
Socalandy
smile.gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
icon_bump.gif
Socalandy
beerchug.gif
Socalandy
flag.gif
Socalandy
w00t.gif
Krieger
Wow! This car is gorgeous!
Cairo94507
Thanks for posting the pics Andy. biggrin.gif
mepstein
Love it.
tygaboy
Kudos to the build team. Simply wonderful. w00t.gif pray.gif

Michael - You're so close to driving this beauty!
You must be dying from anticip....
bbrock
I've run out of superlatives for this car. Who did the seats? Nice to see the thigh pad trussed down the way the factory did them. beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
Thanks a lot. Jim was adamant in talking with the upholstery shop that the seats be done correctly. We did add seat heaters.... I am no spring chicken and being comfortable when the top is off is a must. beerchug.gif
gms
Great work guys
beerchug.gif
raynekat
Fantabulous!
Really sharp looking.
Even the mods are tasteful, factory-like.
Well done.
burton73
I love your build! Better than brand new. Finish on all the parts are AAA first.gif

Bob B
Socalandy
The team was Back at it again biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.