Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cairo's (Michael) 6 - Part 2
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
Socalandy
flag.gif
Socalandy
smash.gif
Socalandy
popcorn[1].gif
Socalandy
shades.gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
full set of wheels beerchug.gif
Socalandy
We have power biggrin.gif
Socalandy
Testing functionality
Socalandy
Wipers, pump. Blower and all biggrin.gif
Socalandy
High beams lol-2.gif
Socalandy
Time to roll out for the day
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
bye1.gif
Cairo94507
Looking terrific. Seat heaters......very cozy. beerchug.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jul 8 2019, 08:43 AM) *

Looking terrific. Seat heaters......very cozy. beerchug.gif

Looking spectacular Michael!! yes you will be very happy on the cool mornings with the seat heaters, I am glad I installed mine when I recovered my seats. , SOOOO close you can almost taste it?? not much left , we should see a video of you on the maiden voyage soon!
Cairo94507
Yes sir. I look forward to it. We were just talking about Jim's first drive and him smoking the tires.... beerchug.gif
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Jul 7 2019, 08:44 PM) *

shades.gif

Thank you. Just...thank you.

(For making black what should be black.) wub.gif
Krieger
drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif
Luke M

Your 6 is coming along great and keep the pics coming.
Which heated seat kit did you end up using?
Thinking about adding heated seats to my 6 as well.
Cairo94507
It is the 914 Rubber kit. The thing to know is if you do your seats stock with the 3 "puckers" on the front of the bottom cushion, you need to trim the seat heater for that bottom cushion. The instructions I got from 914 Rubber were great and showed exactly how to trim them so they fit correctly.

Once you live with seat heaters in the winter it is hard not to have them. Though I do not anticipate driving in the rain, I will drive in the cold. beerchug.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jul 11 2019, 12:38 PM) *

It is the 914 Rubber kit. The thing to know is if you do your seats stock with the 3 "puckers" on the front of the bottom cushion, you need to trim the seat heater for that bottom cushion. The instructions I got from 914 Rubber were great and showed exactly how to trim them so they fit correctly.

Once you live with seat heaters in the winter it is hard not to have them. Though I do not anticipate driving in the rain, I will drive in the cold. beerchug.gif

I might be wrong but the 914 rubber kit looks like the kit that I got on ebay for ~$40. There are a ton of different sellers and different on/off buttons but they all look pretty much the same. Amazon has them as well.
gms
Great work Guys!
beer3.gif
bbrock
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jul 11 2019, 10:38 AM) *

Your heaters are cool (or hopefully hot) but my wife and I are outliers to your assumption. Had them through about 14 frigid Montana winters in our DD and don't like them. I tell people that if I want that sensation, I'll just pee my pants to kill two birds with one stone. I know... I'm not right in the head. screwy.gif I know you will enjoy yours though. beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
No worries. I like them on low when it is cold out. If I could have done a heated steering wheel...... beerchug.gif
Valy
@Cairo94507 I have to say that some pictures look better than the factory original ones.
76-914
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jul 11 2019, 02:36 PM) *

No worries. I like them on low when it is cold out. If I could have done a heated steering wheel...... beerchug.gif

You'll love them and so will you wife. Many a time I've used the seat heater instead of the heater. A little like sleeping in a cold house with lots of blankets. beerchug.gif
burton73
QUOTE(Valy @ Jul 11 2019, 05:35 PM) *

@Cairo94507 I have to say that some pictures look better than the factory original ones.

I think all pictures of the car look better than a brand new one that came down the line.

Outstanding finish on this car.

Bob B
Cairo94507
Kent, Jim, Andy and Bob deserve all the thanks. beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
I finally was able to take a couple "obligatory" pictures thanks to Andy and my brother:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
bbrock
That engine looks FAST! piratenanner.gif
sixnotfour
motorhead driving.gif
Cairo94507
Not as fast as it once was...... beerchug.gif
raynekat
A really sharp looking car....that color!
Krieger
Wow! The car looks amazing! What, your about 1/2 horsepower? poke.gif
914fahrer
Great car and great engine. everything looks so beautiful. smile.gif
Larmo63
Gray fan shroud?
Blue6
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jul 14 2019, 08:45 AM) *

Gray fan shroud?

No, that’s not grey, it’s blonde. biggrin.gif The lights in Jims garage make all of us look like we have grey hair. Well, except for Andy...
Valy
I always thought that a six has two heads...

Beautiful!
Tjmrfe
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jul 13 2019, 01:50 PM) *

I finally was able to take a couple "obligatory" pictures thanks to Andy and my brother:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Wow. What a beautiful color! My dream for sure. Time is the hardest thing I’m sure, good for you for fighting the good fight! Thanks for the thread!
Cairo94507
Thank you for checking out my build thread- it's like War and Peace. lol-2.gif beerchug.gif
Socalandy
Sorry for not posting last week, update on progress
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
icon_bump.gif
Socalandy
shades.gif
Socalandy
popcorn[1].gif
Socalandy
sunglasses.gif
Socalandy
flag.gif
Socalandy
smile.gif
Socalandy
aktion035.gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.